Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dirty 30...

First things first...I'm baaaaaack!!! :)
Secondly, I have a ton of catching up to do! We left two weeks ago for a quick weekend trip to Seattle for our friend Doug's 30th b-day bash! We got home that Sunday and the very next day, I drove to Utah with Tucker for the week. Ben flew down a few days later to join us and to drive back with me-but it was a whirlwind trip and SO much fun. I feel like I have been gone forever and am still trying to recover from driving for 12 hours alone with a toddler. Just today, I finally had the nerve to start organizing/editing the 500+ pictures I've taken in the past few weeks. Anyway....here's a start...
Seattle was great. We always love spending time with Doug and Sadie. And a reason to celebrate makes it even better. Doug's party was a surprise to him, and SO much fun! We are so glad we went over for it, even though it was a quick trip. Our weekends together always go by way too fast!
Doug & Sadie's friend, Joy, who has become our friend through them made this amazing cake for him!!! The brewery where the b-day party was held wouldn't let homemade cakes be brought in, only store bought. But they totally bought that this was a store bought cake--she is THAT good! :) It was delicious too!
The theme of the party was like retro/vintage athletic wear. Sadie had a special jersey made just for him on his big day and we all sported his old b-ball jerseys from back in the day! :)
Good times!!!
It's hard being the mom of the coolest kid on the planet!!! :)
The guys took a tour of the brewery! Ben was really into it, can ya tell??? :)
Doug even got a hug from a rollerskating Marilyn Monroe!?!
Of course, Tucker has to help out with every candle blowing event there is!
Then Doug got his 30 spankings from the kiddos there.
Eric & Joy (the creator of that beautiful cake!)
Tucker loves him some Emily!
Emily & Dave...we were so lucky that all of our good friends were there...
Lovely ladies: Sadie, Emily & Meredith...
Happy B-day Doug!!! We love you and are so happy that you've made it this far!!! :) ha ha
We crammed a lot more into the weekend than just the party, but I'm just beginning this organizing of the picture process...so more will have to come later! I just really didn't want to see that dang fish anymore!!! :)

6 comments:

Darci said...

What a fun trip and birthday party. They're pretty lucky to have great friends like you.

Philip and Melissa said...

One thing I know for sure is that you've always been one crazy party animal :-) so fun!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

How fun! I love that picture of Tucker. I 'm ready for him to come back!!! Oh and you. Ha ha.

Rosie Moncrief said...

I have to agree that Tucker is the coolest kid on the planet!! I can't wait to come visit Spokane!! After I work out the drama here, I'll be on my way!!

Emily Carl said...

Baraka!
I love you! Thanks for taking such pretty pictures. You are lovely. Tell the little guy Hi from his Auntie Emily!

Sharlene Enloe said...

Ok- Tucker with the headband. I couldn't stop laughing!