Thursday, August 13, 2009

Da Beach...

OK, just a few more post from Alabama, I swear! :)
Ben has been promising me a visit to the Florida beaches since we have been married. Every single time we head down to Alabama, it never works out or we aren't there long enough to plan a worth while trip to the beach. Anyway, this was finally our opportunity to go and I was so excited! We packed up the 12 of us and headed down. The beach is about three hours south of where Ben's parents live. Other than the one stop on the side of the road so I could puke, the trip was great! :)
I will never forget the first time Ben and I went to the Oregon coast after he had moved up here to the Northwest. I went to pick him up that morning and he was ready to go in shorts and a t-shirt. Little did he know that for the beaches up here you need a hooded sweatshirt and jeans! :) I was definitely digging the beautiful sandy beaches and the warm warm warm water in Florida!

Ben took Tucker out to play in the waves...


They made a turtle in the sand...



Tucker had fun playing with his cousins and in the water...




This is Ben on his sister Megs shoulders! You can barely see her, but she is there! I thought it was funny.


After a few hours of perfect weather, dark clouds started to roll in and we could see lightning off in the distance. That was our cue to start packing up and heading for home. It was kind of crazy how it just came on so suddenly!


It was a great beach day and we had a ton of fun!

2 comments:

April said...

did I miss a post??? Are you pregnant Taraka??? getting out of the car to puke?? you have to be pregnant.

Darci said...

That cloud is definitely packing a punch! What a fun day and I'm glad you finally could enjoy a Florida beach. What a difference than the NW for sure.