Saturday, August 22, 2009

Girls camp...

Girls camp was so much fun. I always love going and getting to know the girls better. Here is my experience with girls camp as a leader so far: 3 years ago I was a primary teacher. I was 7 months pregnant with Tucker and I was asked to go to girls camp. I, of course, was excited; pregnant and all. Immediately after girls camp that year I was called into the Young Women presidency and had Tucker. The next two years I was in YW and not pregnant and I didn't go to girls camp. At the end of last year, Ben and I were called as the nursery leaders in our ward and I was released from Young Women's. And again, I am asked to go to girls camp and again, I am pregnant!!! So, apparently I have to be pregnant and NOT in Young Women's to be asked to go to girls camp! :)
Anyway, I fell in love with our 1st year campers and YCL's!
There is, of course, a lot of braiding going on all week:

Our Bowdish ward campers:

Getting hosed off during a dance party at the fire pit:

Me & Kimmie:

Me and my fellow leaders, Debbie & Jenny. We had so much fun!

And of course, my new friends, Molly & Kate...

and Chelsea...

And some old friends, too. I'm so glad Katie was there. Love this girl!

And the Call girls, Lani & Sarah...LOVE them!!

And my other fellow leader (if that is what you can call us!) :) friends,Celeste & Laura...these girls crack me up! I'm SO SO SO glad they were there!

After all, girls camp is all about making new friends and having fun with your old ones! That was certainly accomplished this year! :)

4 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

Ah...Camp Liahona. Never changes.


"From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of tennessee....." :)

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

So did you sing the girls to sleep like you use to sing to us? Did you spray whip cream in your sleeping bag this year?

Celeste said...

Amen, Amen.

PS- I like your blogs new look!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Talk about a trip down memory lane!! I loved girls camp in Spokane!