Saturday, September 18, 2010

Date night...

So I had a goal when Taylor was born and that was to still make one on one time with Tucker. I haven't been as good about it as I had hoped. Usually when I just have him it is a quick trip to run an errand and the drive thru at McDonalds for some ice cream or something.
And then I heard that Toy Story 3 was coming! And I was so excited to take him on a date. We both love Toy Story and I knew it would be a good time for him and I to get out together.
Because I was so excited and because I thought it would be a mad house with mommies and kids, I pre-ordered our tickets. We were all set to go the Saturday after it came out, at 2:45. Because I thought it would be crazy, I decided we should probably get to the theater by at least 1:00, at the latest. Well, we pull up at 1, and it is like a normal afternoon at the movie theater. No long lines, no mean pushy mommies, no screaming kids, totally normal. We walk into the theater for our 2:45 showing, and WHAT? it had already started? So I go back out and ask an employee what the heck was going on. Well, she kindly told us that the earlier showing was still going on, and hadn't finished in our theater yet, so we would have to wait in the hallway until it was done and then we could enter for our movie time.
Anyway...long story short, we waited for about a half an hour in the hall at the theater, and then once people started coming out, we went in and were the FIRST ones there for our showing, and the ONLY ones there for about an hour or so! :)
You will notice that in the picture, Tucker is on an empty row. Yeah, just Tuck and I alone in the theater for about an hour! :) Finally at around 2:15-2:30ish, people started showing up and the theater wasn't even full! :) Either way, I guess Tucker and I had a lot of good bonding time! :) Luckily I had some books and a few little things to play with in my purse to keep him occupied until the movie and of course, we had popcorn and snacks! :)
014
We did have a great time though! We both loved the movie and Tucker still talks about our date to the movie together. I need to do this more often with him! I love my little man!
012

1 comment:

Darci said...

That is a long wait for a movie - yikes! The one on one time is so important.