Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sweet Natalee...

Like I said in my last post, June was a month of good-byes. One of those good-bye's took us back to Portland. It was a hard good-bye. My sweet little 13 year old cousin, Natalee, passed away and was taken back to Heavenly Father. She died of cancer. And even though she was in pain and the last few months had been so hard for her, it was so hard to say good-bye. It was a hard visit, and a hard funeral to get through. I can't even imagine what my aunt and uncle and cousins are going through, but we tried to make the best of our trip despite the sadness in our hearts.
Tucker, is he a boy or what?
024
We carpooled with Nathan, Angie and Carter. Carter was going through this stage where he would feel everything with his thumbs and just rub them back and forth and back and forth to feel everything. It was very cute. I have soft seats in my car, and Carter loved them! :)
061
Tucker is a crazy sleeper and this trip was no exception, this is how he sleeps most of the time! I made the boys sleep together, so I could have a bed all to myself!:)
029
And little miss Taylor Rae is such a daddy's girl! She LOVES him! He can always make her laugh, but then again, Ben makes most people laugh! :)
026
Tucker eating a chocolate chip muffin in bed naked after his bath. Life doesn't get much better than this! :)
059
Just hanging out with Papa, Nathan and Carter:
060
I love this stage when babies are just discovering their hands and feet. Taylor would just stare at her hand for hours. :)
054
My two babies!
044

052
After the funeral we headed back over to visit my dad and the Arctic Lady again. Since Ben wasn't with us when we went down to Portland in April, and the boat was still there, he wanted to see it. Also, my dad's crew was down this time. I wanted to see Dennis and Pedro, the two guys I had worked with when I worked on the boat 8 years ago.
We had to wear hard hats because the boat was at a ship yard getting worked on.
084

089
Nathan and Carter in the wheel house...
104
Ben & Tucker in the wheel house...
099
My family with Dennis and Pedro. Love these guys! :)
153
Just the four of us:
149
Me and the little lady with the big lady! :) And yes that is a lot of cleavage you see on the Arctic Lady. You might want to make sure no boys are around when you read this.
144
The Tuck man and I:
121
Ben had fun climbing the highest points on the boat that he could find! :)
116
The kids on a pile of buoy's:
138

130
my mama and grandma came with us too.
190
Taylor wasn't all that impressed with the Arctic Lady:
093
On our way back to Spokane we had to stop at Multnoma Falls. It is so beautiful, and again, Ben was with us, and everything is more fun when Daddy's around. :)
Tucker & Ben:
207
The whole fam:
222
Our Tuck man:
235
And our little lady. What a little love nugget!
206
We love and miss you Natalee!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I wish we had been able to stay longer for that trip instead of driving back that same night. And yeah...that Arctic Lady sure seems to enjoy her nakedness.