Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taylor's room...

When I was pregnant with Tucker, I totally nested, and had his room ready like a month before he came. (maybe it was because he was 8 days late) But I literally followed Ben around with a vacuum the last month I was pregnant with him. And every detail of his nursery was complete before he was born.
When you have a second child, things are a little different! I'm not so OCD about things with her. Obviously I can't be, with a 3 year old. But I was very happy in June when I finally got some things on her wall and made her room look a little more like a nursery and a little less like a storage room. :)
I finally hung these cute frames on the wall and the mirror. I had the mirror in Tuckers nursery, also above his changing table, but he kicked it off one day and it got a huge hole in the frame. I loved the mirror so much, I kept it in storage thinking that one day I could creatively fix/cover the hole. For my baby shower, we made these big pink tissue paper flowers. I kept them because they were so cute, and just recently found both the mirror and the flowers in our storage room. I put the two together, and vioala! problem solved! :)
<span class=
I love Taylor's bedding! I had a hard time finding girls crib bedding that I liked that didn't seem too cheesy. And I am a girly girl. I like pinks and purples; still, I couldn't do it! My good friend even gave me a pottery barn set that was so cute, that would totally have gone with some of the pottery barn bedding colors that I had for Tucker. But I just couldn't do it! I don't know what it was, but something about the cartoon flowers and butterfly's just was too much for me! Anyway, I finally found this cottage chic line at Target.com! I love it! It is girly, but not cheesy, and still really feminine. And it went perfect with our already green walls! :) No painting! And I still got to use some of the accessories from Tuckers nursery because of the greens and blues.
<span class=
Oh, and here's our little lady, the epitome of feminine... :)
Kristins graduation 006

<span class=
{always curling her toes, just like her daddy!}

4 comments:

Christy Ivory said...

She is beautiful!! What a pretty girl.
I love what you did with her nursery!! You are one talented girl..:)

Steph said...

not only do I love her room (the mirror, frames, and bedding are ADORABLE), but I LOVE her! She is soooo cute! If you come back this way you better let us know because I need some Taylor squeezin'.

Kelli said...

She makes that crib look so huge! And I love that last picture of her. Very cute.

Darci said...

The last picture of Taylor is so sweet. I love what you did in her room. You have such style!