Friday, September 10, 2010

June...

June for us was filled with graduations, birthday parties and some sad good-byes. I have a ton of pictures from each, so I will start at the beginning; Kristin's graduation! My cute little cousin Kristin graduated from high-school and we went down to Milton-Freewater (Walla Walla) for the graduation. It was fun being with her on her big day. :) It's always exciting to be with someone as they pass from one phase in their life to the next. :) I just can't believe that she is graduating from high-school. I swear she is still like 6 years old!
(Elaine would hate me, I always use WAY too many exclamation points!!!) :)
Here are Kristin and Tucker on her big day. He always has to play hard to get at first, even though he loves Kristin. :)
<span class=
Kristin and my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Scott:
<span class=
Angie, Nathan and Carter also came down for the graduation party...
<span class=
Kristin and her best friend:
<span class=
da girls...
<span class=
Cousins!
Lisa, Stormee and Trinidy...
<span class=
At the actual graduation, Stormee had made her this very cool poster! :)
<span class=
And I love this shot! We got her good with silly string as they walked by to go get their diplomas! Good times! :)
<span class=
It was a quick trip, but well worth it! It is always fun to hang out with family that we love so much! And Tucker loves Aunt Kathy and Uncle Scott (and their many dogs) so I always want to make sure he has that connection with them.
This face pretty much sums up how we felt about leaving...
<span class=
Since Memorial day had just passed, and I was feeling guilty for not visiting any graves on the actual Memorial day, I wanted to make sure I got in a visit to my family members who have passed on. Both of my dads parents, his brother and a cousin of mine (along with some other extended family members) are all buried in Milton-Freewater. It had been a long time since I had visited their graves, and it was so nice to visit them again and remember them.
Here are Tucker and I at the headstone of my Uncle Dan (dad's brother) and his daughter, my cousin, Summer. She passed away when I was 12, and she was 17 and my Uncle died my freshman year in college, in 1997.
<span class=
And here are Tucker and Papa at the headstone of his parents, my grandparents, Barb & Howard Campbell:
<span class=
It was a good Memorial day!
Milton-Freewater is a good 3 hour drive away, and it is oh SO nice when you get this the whole time:
056
Both were just passed out in their seats! :) Hallelujah! :)

1 comment:

Darci said...

What a great reason to visit family! Last weekend we were in Milton-Freewater and I thought of you. We visited the cemetery on the hill where Elan's grandpa is buried and saw his grandma - now in a new home in Athena. Strange how I have ties there now.