Wednesday, September 22, 2010

June...

OK, I need to wrap this month up! :) Why do I always feel like we don't do much, like when people ask what we've been up to, I always respond, 'not much.' But then I go back through pictures and there are hundreds of them. ( I realize I take way too many pictures, but still...) :) Anyway, we need to move on from June, though it was a great month, I feel like I could be stuck blogging about it for months. :) Anyway, here's a recap, in pictures, of what the rest of our June was like.
Lots of park time with friends! This is Tuckers new (and only) way of swinging:
031
Superman style!
Lots of lovin' on each other time. If left to my own devices, I tend to be a little bit of a homebody. Well, that's not entirely true! :) I am NOT a morning person. So, I like my mornings to be at home getting things done around the house, I don't like to jump up and hustle out the door. We usually save all of our errand running and outings with friends for late morning and afternoons. I realize that will all change once my kids are in school, so I am enjoying this schedule while I can.
027
Some swimming! June didn't start getting really warm until the very end, so we didn't get a lot of summer time playing in until July, but we did make it to the pool once. Ben's boss let us come over one night to swim while they weren't there. We had so much fun! It was fun getting back into the pool/swimming mode. We got Wild Waters season passes this year again, but the park closed down! We got our refunds/letters in the mail like just in May! We were so bummed. But it was kind of a blessing because the weather this summer was so crappy, we may not have even gotten our money's worth! Plus we were gone a lot! Anyway, we had fun at the Orndorff's! Thanks guys!
010
After we all swam for a while, Taylor had had enough. So we hung out and just watched the boys...
022

025
Ben was impressing us with his skills...
016

009
This is Taylor's crib:
036
{This is Tucker and Taylor playing in Taylor's crib! It was so cute, I walked in and he had climbed in her crib and was telling her stories.}
This is Taylor's crib that she hates!
Where do you ask does she prefer to sleep?
Here (our bed):
015
Or even here, sometimes (Tuckers bed):
002 (2)
This little girl seems to think that she's the boss around here, and can do whatever she wants! Oh, and we won't even start about her sleeping schedule. She DOES NOT like to sleep during the day. I thought that I had her going on somewhat of a schedule before we went out of town on Labor day weekend, and by the time we got home, she was all messed up again. I don't know what I am going to do with this little diva I have! :) Luckily she sleeps at night, all night, and like I always say, I don't care what they do during the day as long as they (and I) sleep at night! :)
Here she is doing a little light reading on our bed:
050

051
Kathryn has a pond in her back yard that in the summertime turns into a really cool frog cesspool! :)

But Tucker loves frogs, so we have been going over there to watch them grow from tadpoles to little tiny froggys to bigger frogs! John is Tuckers buddy and fellow frog catcher. Kathryn let us take home a few tadpoles to watch them grow.
001
Fun with alphabet crackers...
009
And the Taylor lady...she loves frogs too...
003
Allen & Kelli came up to visit for the weekend in June. Uncle Ben, Tucker and Keyton went on a fun treasure hunting adventure at Papa's house. My dad is a commercial fisherman and has maps all over his house, so Keyton & Tucker found one and wanted to find a treasure. It was so cute watching them get so excited finding little things around his yard, calling them treasures.
025
{This picture is so funny to me because Keyton ALWAYS has his hands full of as many toys as he can fit into them. so funny!}
Cute cousins...
024
And the baby girl cousins...
697
Another trip to the park...
638

625
Tucker loves his baby sister...
650
I am such a dork! I was so proud of the marble tower we put together, together! :) OK, so maybe I took over and did it, but we still had fun together...
{and don't get me started on our train tracks, I love putting those together!}
082
Taylor fell asleep snuggling with her monkey. Taylor NEVER snuggles with anything, so this was a rare thing.
020
But she does love bathtime! :)
Kristins graduation 257
Love that fat face!
Kristins graduation 267
And Tucker was feeling left out, so wanted me to take a picture of him.
On a side note, how is it that we have a blond haired, blue eyed little girl with a big brother who has those big brown eyes and brown hair? Total opposites! But I just want to eat 'em both up! :)
Kristins graduation 261
OK, bring on July! :)

2 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Taraka--You are one busy mama. I hope life with two is fun. I LOVE that wooden marble tower set you have and am dying to buy one for Will. Where did you get that one? I'd love to know....

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so adorable!
What a fun summer you had. I am stuck in August right now trying to work my way up to the present. Pictures galore as well.