Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My awesome In-laws...

I am one of the lucky few who has wonderful in-laws! I really couldn't ask to be a part of a more wonderful family. Ben has four sisters and a brother whom I just adore, and their spouses! 
Here are us troopers who were there for the long haul this summer:
Meribeth, G-ma, Lynlee and I (the most unflattering picture, ever!)
071
Aunt Meg is a workin' girl and was only able to come down for a week and a half, and of course we were sick through a lot of it! Lucky for us her nursing skills came in handy and she took care of us! :)
073
Meggie is one of my most favorite people on the planet! :) Shopping with her is a real treat though, especially when we find treasures like this one-pieced denim jumpsuit! $80; really GAP???? :) And I have to say that I am so proud of her, she looks fabulous after losing a ton of weight; she is my hero!!! :)
042
B-ma painting Taylor's face on the porch after Taylor did a real nice job on her face! :)
135
Such a wonderful B-ma! My kids adore her!
127
And Aunt Lynlee sitting through a face paint (luckily she has some awesome games on her Ipad that we all got addicted to!) :)
133
Grandpa and Elijah playing. Good thing grandpa was there, Elijah loves men and he was in a house full of women for the month, except grandpa who he just adored whenever he came home from work:
120
Aunt Meg painted the girls finger nails and toe nails!
044
See, they really are the best! They love our kids and are so wonderful to them and we love them so much!!!
139
Even when plans changed last minute, they changed their plans too and drove us up to Atlanta and we all got a hotel for the night right by the airport so we could make our early morning flight! They totally take care of us! We are so lucky!
Grandma got Taylor this doll for the plane ride home and she was serious about taking care of her:
144
And luckily for us, the plane ride home was TOTALLY uneventful! Both kids did great!
And whew...in a nutshell, it started off a bit rocky, but in the end, like it always is, the trip was awesome and we had a blast with our cousins and family in Bama! I just wish it wasn't 6 months in between every time we see them; we are already looking forward to Christmas! Some of my favorite things about this trip:
Elijah's Uh-O-Ah
Kaiya's Mumberfun rendition of Jingle Bells
and
The Awesome made for TV movie we watched starring LeAnn Rymes :)


1 comment:

Kelli said...

Really? A one piece jumpsuit at GAP?! I thought you were going to say Good Will or something! What are they thinking?