Sunday, December 8, 2013

Kids...

OK, photo overload here, but I just can't get enough of these little munchkins of mine.
This is the cuteness that I get to witness every day when big brother gets home from school:
IMAG1131
Tucker loves his baby brother and the feeling is definitely mutual! :)
IMAG1133
That Tucker is getting so big! I can hardly believe some of the things that come out of his mouth. A few months ago now (I've been meaning to write it down so I don't forget) We were chatting, and then he all of the sudden said, 'Mom, this is going to sound weird, but do you ever just think...Whoa, this is my life, like this is not a dream I'm going to wake up from. But I am on this world and a part of it! My jaw just dropped and I stared at him. I told him yes, I do think things like that sometimes. And then we had a great conversation for a few minutes about life. I couldn't believe that something like that came out of the mouth of a 6 year old. The next breath he was talking about farting and pooping and the moment was over, but I loved having that moment with my pondering child. He is a sweet boy. Maybe a little crazy and over the top sometimes, but so very sweet and sensitive. And for some reason, he just 'gets' things. Some things he definitely doesn't 'get' but then every now and then, he says things like, 'Mom, couldn't it be cool if the house next door was for sale for $1 and Keyton and his family could move in. Although if it was only $1 it's probably not very nice on the inside. But if they got it for only $1, they would have plenty of money to fix it up!!! OK, that was kind of a long and advanced thought process on the art of buying a home that I had no idea you knew anything about! :) (although he does notice when people have walk in closets, but I think that comes from me watching too much house hunters right after I had Jackson!) :) Anyway, these crazy kids are so funny! I just love them, and am so glad they're mine!

This is how we eat most of our meals. Even when friends are over. Most of the time the friends are a little timid to get up on the counter, but it doesn't even phase me anymore. I try to get them to sit on the seats every now and then. Tucker and his BFF, Owen.
IMAG1254
This look right here is why I try and limit the screen time. The mouth open and drooling zoning out doesn't do much for me! :)
IMG_2094
I'm so happy that my kids have such good friends. I love that they are (hopefully) going to have these friends forever! Chase turned 5, so we celebrated at Chuck E Cheese. I love these series of photos, of my friend Tara's son, Chase, and my friend Megan's son, Luke, and Taylor, of course!
Chase and Taylor celebrating:
IMAG1239
Lukie gets up to join the dance party while Chase goes a little crazy:
IMAG1242
And now they're all crazy:
IMAG1240
Such cute little friends. 
Speaking of friends, these two are my buddies these days:
IMG_2435
And they're pretty close themselves. This boy is lucky that his siblings love him so much. They are constantly wanting to help me with him, pick him up, hold him and love on him. Still. It is wonderful!
IMAG1149
Oh man, that Taylor girl. I have no idea where she came from. She goes from being so wonderful and sweet and helpful and the 'big sister' to screaming bloody murder at the drop of a dime. It really does baffle me most of the time. Then she'll go right into being a dog, or playing with her imaginary friend, Jo-dan. Sometimes Jo-dan is her boyfriend, sometimes he's a baby, but he makes appearances every now and then. Not sure what I think about imaginary friends. It creeps Ben out. I think it's funny, I just hope it doesn't last too long! :) I've been working on getting her more play dates! :)
The best Taylor story as of late, is when she was sleeping in Tuckers room, on his extra bed. She loves to sleep in there with him, and he lets her every now and then. She's a pretty good sleeper mostly, so it is usually fine. Well a few nights ago, Tucker came downstairs mad, and said, "mom, I'm trying to read my book and Taylor keeps on burping!' Like, really, Taylor? Where did you come from? (I guess she does have both Pyper and Campell genes in her, the odds were not in her favor) but what 3 year old girl loves to make herself burp just to bug her brother? My little princess, that's who. My little princess who has no desire to play with princess stuff, that's who! My stinky lady--she's living up to her name! But I do love how she will just chat with me like a friend most of the time, and she is usually just so fun to be around.
IMAG1152
Meanwhile, this man has discovered his feet. The minute he is on his back, they are straight up in the air and he is checking them out. I love this stage so much. He just stares at them for minutes on end, as well as his hands still!
IMAG1150

DSC_0243

DSC_0242

IMAG1183
But most of the time he just hangs out and chills and is always so so so happy. He even just cut two teeth and is still happy! He's not sleeping the greatest at night, but he is happy and smiley and that's what we love!
IMAG1154
Not sure what to think about his mobile, although it does entertain him for long periods of time.
IMAG1137
And I just love this naked boy! I don't know what it is, but when ever he is naked, I just have to love on him! :)
IMG_1103
My sweet little boy:
IMG_6786
And, let's be honest, he's just in his diaper a lot of the time, so it's not uncommon to find him naked on the ground just airing out for a bit before his diaper put back on. He loves it. Ben thinks I'm crazy for doing it, he's only started to poop on the carpet once, but luckily I caught it in time! :) TMI?? :)
IMG_1589

IMAG1217

IMAG1218

IMAG1219
OK, I did tell you photo overload.... remember? :)
IMAG1229
He's a trooper on photo shoots. This particular one was COLD! We got kicked out of a train docking station, and were out in the woods somewhere, and he was still just smiling and happy. I only take him along if I know the people, and they are ok with me having him in his stroller, because usually he is just content and smiling and tagging along for the ride.
IMAG1236

IMG_2098
Death grip on the string of my hoodie while sleeping. I wish I had all day to just love on him and hold him.
IMAG1261
I guess he does get like this every now and then. When I force him into photo shoots:
IMG_2089
Oh, and the reality cam. Shot of the day. Lest you think my life is perfect, I went upstairs to fold some laundry, came downstairs to this:
IMG_2440
Yes, Taylor dumped an entire bag of fishy crackers on the floor to eat them like a dog. And she did. The mess was like this for so long, that little by little, the pile was gone. She had eaten them all off the floor! :) Livin' the dream!

No comments: