Sunday, December 1, 2013

pre-school with Taylor...

I love this girl so much. It has been so much fun for her to be in preschool this year, even if it is only a co-op, she loves it and it makes her feel special. I feel bad sometimes, because with Tucker everything is new and exciting, so he gets a lot of attention with his activities, and of course, Jackson demands a lot of our time, but poor little Taylor is in the middle, demanding no attention! :) I'm glad that she's the girl and the middle child. And I'm glad that she is having fun with her own friends now, instead of always trying to tag along with Tucker and his friends. 
Our field trip for the month of November was bowling. The kids, of course, had so much fun!
IMAG1167
Really excited about bowling!!!
IMAG1160
Ollie and Taylor anxiously waiting to see how their ball goes. The balls were rolling pretty s l o w l y down the lane most of the time, until we started using this handy dandy little ramp! :)
IMAG1162
My friend, Danna was pretty impressive helping Ollie bowl while having baby Ezra on her shoulders! :) Now that is talent! :)
IMAG1164
Of course, we went right at like Senior bowling hour, and it was filled with Senior citizens. I'm not sure they appreciated all of the commotion our group made. We had a bazillion kids between the 6 of us! :) One of the old guys went up to my friend Danna and told her she needed to stop drinking whatever water we were all drinking. She wasn't sure if he was joking or not! :) Either way, we thought it was pretty funny! :)
I wanted to take a picture of this cute poster we have for preschool. Each child has their photo on a stick and we sing a welcome song every day and it's pretty cute! :) Whenever we have preschool at our house, it just makes me smile, so I had to get a picture.
IMG_1594
This month when it was my turn to teach, our letter was I and the topic was science. I was actually pretty excited, you can do a lot with science. I really wanted to do Mentos and Diet Coke, but it was so so so cold outside, and I didn't want to do that inside, so that wasn't an option. So, I decided to make home-made ice-cream. Tucker had just come home with this really easy recipe, where you put milk, vanilla and sugar in a small zip lock bag, then put that in a big zip lock bag with some ice and salt, and then you just shake it up for 10 minutes and then you have ice cream. Easy enough. 
Let's just say that what started as a fun science ice-cream experiment, ended in a puddle of sugary and icy milk all over my kitchen floor! The kids made their bags, and started to shake them and throw them up and down. I ran into the office to grab my camera, and I came back and they were literally whacking them on the floor as hard as they could. Of course, milk, water and ice were flying everywhere, the bags were totally busting, and they were soaked! I had to laugh. You can't tell from this picture, but there is a huge puddle on the counter top. 
IMG_1592
So, we put that experiment away and tried something new. Baking soda and colored vinegar drops. They were just as entertained.
IMG_1604
Luckily from all of our sickness, I had plenty of droppers! :) So they each got to pick a color and have a turn at it.
IMG_1615

IMG_1643

IMG_1651
They were pretty bummed about the failed ice-cream attempt, that I just made one batch on my own while they were doing this, and then just let them taste the ice-cream. They all got a spoonful. It was actually pretty tasty!!! A little runny, but still ice-cream!
Taylor came home with this book a few weeks ago when they were learning about emotions. I loved it so much! It makes me happy!
IMAG1286

IMAG1287

IMAG1288

IMAG1289
And I am amazed at how much she is retaining, she loves to sound out words and tell me which letters are in the words, and she loves to write her letters. She has gone from writing her 'name' like this:
IMAG1290
in September. To this:
IMAG1291
in November!
And she will write on anything she can get her hands on. She was asking me how to spell my name the other day, then I found her writing on this balloon. I did help her with that top one of my name, but after that, it's all her! :)
IMAG1182
Her and her cute friend, Lily get together after school a lot, and this day at our house, it happened to snow, so they went out:
IMG_1601
So grateful for preschool for her right now. If not for preschool, we might have more mornings like this:
IMAG1256
I was feeding Jackson and hadn't realized that her PBS cartoon had ended, and when I looked up, she was doing some sit and be fit workouts. She had even gotten a ball and everything! She is going to be totally in shape!
IMAG1258
Luckily she is so easily entertained, and just a happy girl. (most of the time) Except those times that her brother pesters, teases, and chases her to no end. Thats when the ear piercing screams start! But when it's just the two of us, and most of the time, anyway, she is so pleasant and happy and fun to be with. She is often just singing happily to herself or dancing, and will just chat you up a storm if you let her. She is so sweet. In preschool, there is one boy who is a bit difficult, one of the moms told me that Taylor is her go to for this little boy, because none of the other kids really respond to him well, but Taylor will sit with him and talk to him and help him. She is very motherly and sweet like that.
She got into some eye-shadow and put it on her lips...
IMAG1159
I love this girl of mine, I'm so lucky to be her mama! Can't wait for the years ahead of us!
IMAG1158

No comments: