Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving...

I always feel kind of bad for Thanksgiving being right in between very commercialized holiday's and all! :) But I usually always try and make the whole month of November all about Thanksgiving, and not getting all Christmasy too early. (I do love Christmas, however!) 
IMG_1528

IMG_1527

IMG_1525
I was a total slacker this year and didn't get our Thankful board up, and when I would think of it, I wouldn't be at the house or something. Then all the sudden it was like the 17th of the month and I figured that maybe we had missed our opportunity. Next year, I can't forget! It adds so much to the season having that daily reminder of things we are grateful for.
On Thanksgiving day, we just relaxed and hung out at home. Snacked on appetizer foods most of the day, watched the parade. It was actually really fabulous! We went and saw the movie Frozen with my dad. I thought it was so cute. We all really liked it. It was more like the older Disney movies with the songs throughout. Ben could have done without the songs, but other than that, we all really liked it. It was just fun to all get out together as a family. We hardly ever do that with Ben's super long work days. Even Jackson had a great time. :)
IMAG1262
We waited until Friday to have our Thanksgiving feast, so that Kathryn's boys could be there. They were with their dad on Thanksgiving day. It was well worth the wait. Kathryn, of course, had her house all decorated and it looked so cute.
IMAG1264

IMAG1265
Delicious food!!!
IMAG1272
It was just Jon and Andrew since Chris and Britney live in AZ, now. And Andrew's friend, Jay Paventy joined us.
IMAG1267
And, of course, after the meal, lots of football was watched and lots of lounging and napping. It was a perfect day! And I didn't have to cook one thing which was an extra bonus!!
IMAG1269
This guy enjoyed himself:
IMAG1271
All the food was homemade by Kathryn! And it was so good!
IMAG1273
Thanks Kathryn, for having us, and for spoiling us with such great food and even better company! :)
IMAG1275
It was a great day to be thankful for all that I have. I am seriously, SO blessed! :) haha

No comments: