Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tucker's birthday

My big boy turned 7! I can hardly believe it! Here we are celebrating with Tom Brady:
IMG_2246
OK, really Taylor is waiting patiently for her thank you hug after he opened her gift for him. :) She loves her big brother (when he isn't pestering, scaring or bossing her around)
It was on a Sunday, so we were going to just have a little family birthday party with dinner and a cake. Last minute, Ben mentioned we should invite some of the families of his friends over for dessert, too. I jumped all over that. Last minute, called some friends, and luckily it all worked out perfect!
IMG_2257
But first we had the family dinner:
IMG_2259
Tuckers favorite, pulled pork sandwiches and homemade fries. Delish!
Kathryn brought him the cutest cakes from a new little bakery out here in the Valley.
IMG_2262

IMG_2261
Then the friends showed up to eat some cake and ice cream and play a bit:
IMG_2282
We are so blessed with some pretty awesome people in our lives!
IMG_2275
For the most part, the kids were upstairs. At one point I went up there to check on everyone, and this is what Tuckers room looked like:
IMG_2264
Ben had a surprise up his sleeve and told all the kids to head out to the garage. They were pretty pumped to have a pinata! :)
IMG_2303
I grabbed a little toy plastic bat to use and Ben refused and insisted we use this old piece of metal pipe that was literally all jagged and sharp on the end.I don't even know what it was or where he found it, but we are just seriously lucky that no one was injured in this little pinata party! There were definitely some close calls! :)
IMG_2311
I think the little kids could barely hold it up! :)
IMG_2315

IMG_2406
After the pinata, I headed back inside thinking the party was over in the garage. After a few minutes I realized none of the kids had followed me, so I headed back out. Ben had taken them out to the front to burn the pinata! The fun just never ends around here! I kept on telling all of the parents that this party is going to be hard to beat! :) Almost getting killed in the garage with a Metal stick and now a bonfire in the driveway! :) Classy! 
IMG_2433
But Tuck had a good time, and that's all that matters! We love having that little man in our family! He keeps me on my toes and challenges me, and helps me out, and loves on me and I'm so glad he's growing into such a sweet, smart and funny big boy!

No comments: