Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring break is for Suckers...

Since we got home from Oregon and still had the whole week of Spring Break pretty much, we got lots of down time. Spring Break can get kind of long when you don't have any plans!!! :) I definitely love a break from the routine though, and that's exactly what we got. 
I took the kids to Sky High. A trampoline place here in Spokane. Taylor loved every minute of it:
The girl has been bouncing since the day she was born!
It took her a few attempts to brave the foam pit, but once she did it, she DID it! :)
Unfortunately, her and her friend, Lily were the only two to enjoy the trampolines. Once we got there, they told me that the mom's had to sign a waiver. I tried to tell her that all three boys were mine so I could sign for them all, but it didn't work out so much! :) But we decided to stay only because Taylor and her friend could jump (her friends mom was with us) and there was millions of arcade games. So, I thought the boys would be entertained for the hour while the girls jumped. I felt so bad. They wanted to jump SOOOO bad. The poor boys, they were pretty good sports about it (for the most part, minus the few meltdowns from Tucker, who could have jumped, but I told him he couldn't if his friends couldn't. I know, I'm a mean mom!) I promised to bring them back another day after I got their moms to sign the waivers. It hasn't happened yet, but we will go back, it looked SUPER fun!
This was also after I had initially promised them an afternoon at Mobius Science center (which we have a membership for) We went all the way downtown only to discover that Mobius is closed on Monday's! Then I had the great idea to try Sky High, we walked in and the boys instantly got excited, only to be disappointed again with not being able to jump! It was just not our day!
The rest of our spring break was spent relaxing and enjoying the surprisingly great weather. Soccer practices, play dates, trampoline jumping (which we finally got up and going....net and all...only a year later!!!), breaking holes in fences. My friend Tara, who lives behind me and I got sick of having to send our kids all around the block to get to each other's houses. The big kids can hop the fence, but for the little guys it was a hassle. We found a board with a weak spot and kicked it. We were both kind of shocked/excited when it actually broke! Then we realized it was useless to us because the only one who could fit through the fence was Scout, their mini poodle. We do love Scout, though and my kids have thoroughly enjoyed him coming into our yard every now and then. So, a few days later we decided to break the one next to it, so atleast it could be useful to us! I got my little hand saw out, and sawed through about half of it, and then had her 12 year old kick it in! So we have a big white trash hole in our fence, but the kids have been able to go through freely which I think is really fun! I don't even mind Scout! :) THEN...like two days after we did she tells me that they are going to be putting their house on the market to sell and move!!! First of all, I'm so very sad that they are leaving! And second of all, we just finally kicked this fence down, and they're leaving!? I don't want other people's kids in my yard. So, now we'll have to fix it! Bummer! :) It has been fun though, and we're going to keep the hole as long as we can until officially put their house on the market! A huge hole int he fence adds value to a house, right? Luckily I know a fence guy... :)
Beautiful weather for soccer games...
This guy's pretty easy to please! :)



They also asked me to take the pictures of the Young Women who are earning their medallion this year. I've done it the past few years. They always put together a slide show, and print out 5x7's of the girls standing in front of the temple. I love doing it. I remember when I got my Young Womanhood Recognition back in 1997, it was the sesquicentennial anniversary of the Pioneer trek. For those non math majors out there, that means 150 years. ( I wouldn't have known either!) So, the pictures they took for us, they made us dress up like Pioneers, I still have my little framed 5x7 photo of me dressed up like a Pioneer. So, I always tell the girls who don't want their picture taken, that they should consider themselves lucky for not having to dress up like a Pioneer! :) Anyway...this has been a tradition in our stake for a very long time, and I love being able to do it. Since I don't know all the girls personally, I won't post them all...but a few of them are some of our very favorite babysitters, so let me share theirs:

The Wiberg girls, Bailey & Jessica...

And Rachel...
I love all of these girls so very much! They are amazing girls!
But I do love this girl the mostest:

She came along as my little helper, and in true Taylor form, could not be left out. She put on quite the show with all of her poses! :)



I love my little side kicks!
One of my very best friends, Emily came in to town for Spring Break. We met up with Gen for dinner at her new house ON Liberty Lake! Seriously, this is the view from her deck! Gen's house is Freaking Amazing!
I love these girls, and I love that we just pick up right where we left off when we're together. We had a great dinner with our families, and I seriously don't think I've laughed that hard in a LONG time! :) Love you Em and Gen!
Hard to believe that all these little people have come from us! :)
Sweet, Crazy kids! I love how they totally got along so well!!!
Some more park play dates with Em, Dave & Ryder before they headed back to Seattle!
Jackson's first time in a swing...
And in true Jackson fashion, just sat back and relaxed for a little ride...
I love this boy, and I loved having all of my babies home and playing during Spring break. It was a great break after our whirlwind trip to Oregon to see my dad! That was a lot of work, so we deserved this break! :)

No comments: