Friday, May 23, 2014

April, so far...

Yay! April is already here! The weather has been gorgeous, and we totally lucked out this spring break. Soccer season started the exact week that basketball got over, so we didn't have any down time. (they even had practice during spring break!) But I love it, I wouldn't have it any other way, although I do love my evenings at home. :)
Jackson wasn't sure what to do with this green prickly stuff under his feet. :) We just enjoyed the grass and the sun and watched Tucker practice.
We also had to say good bye to our sweet Sister Judd! We (I) loved her so much! She served in our area and branch twice, about a year ago and then just served her last 6 weeks here. She was so sweet and just one of those sisters who I hope we see again! I'm so glad we have facebook now to be able to keep in touch! I wish we had facebook after my mission!!! She'll be heading back to BYU so hopefully sometime I'll make it down to Utah and see her. (We also love Sister Taylor who has been in our area her whole mission!!! Since September! We've also become good friends, and I've just loved the missionaries we've had in our branch!)

I usually feed them once a week (one of the perks of having sisters is that I don't have to have my husband here) :) And he's never here, so it works! :) And I try and go out with them once a week also, so we've totally bonded! :) I love these girls! 
One of the cutest things ever. Our bed time routine usually consists of, me putting Jackson to bed while the other two either bathe or shower. Ben gets them out, ready for bed, and in their beds, and when I'm done with Jackson, they both like me to come in and say good night. I will usually lay with Taylor for a bit, and read a book, and depending on how tired I am, I will read with Tucker for a while. He usually just reads on his own for a while and I come in and say good night. Anyway, one night, I was putting Jackson to bed and it took a bit longer than normal, so the other two were already asleep by the time I got out, but I did walk into my bathroom to find this:
{Sorry--please don't judge me for that overflowing nasty garbage!!!} 
Usually, I am the one to help Taylor get ready for bed, like comb her wet hair after bathtime etc. But since I wasn't there, Ben took over, and I found this. Apparently he had done the whole nine yards, which I don't even do, he sprayed her with detangling spray, combed AND had blow dried her hair! I tell you what, that girl has him whooped!!! :)
This guy testing out his sippy cup skills:

I think he likes it!
**well, I started this post a while ago at the beginning of April, so I just decided to add to it, and put the rest of random April pictures on** :)
Jackson helping daddy do some work. This boy sure does love his daddy!!!! All of us do!

It has be 6 MONTHS since I've bitten my nails. I've bitten my nails since I was 5 years old! This is huge!!! This is the longest they have ever been. I have been getting fake nails put on since like the 9th grade. It's easier to do when I keep them polished, but I'm so happy to have finally (hopefully) kicked this habit for good!!!
We finally went and did our promised Mobius trip. I love Mobius. It's easy and free for us, I don't know why we don't go more often. The new science one is perfect for my kids right now. The old one was getting a little too small.

I've been spending many a late nights working on pictures. I have a love/hate relationship with photography. I love doing it! I love it when I'm out with families and people. (I love the extra money) But the late nights in front of the computer I could do without, and the hassle of sometimes having to find people to watch my kids I could do without. But I do love it!
My snack of choice, when I have all the ingredients, popcorn, hot tamales and m&m's. A perfect combination that me and my friend Megan made up years and years ago when we were like 14!
It helps me produce beautiful photos though, so I have to do it! :)


April was good to us! Now, one to the BEST month of the year... :)

1 comment:

Jolee B. said...

I love that you have your Jerusalem ring on in your nails pictures. :)