Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Easter...

I love spring cleaning. I was happy to have a whole week to go through things. Clothes, rooms, toys, closets. I got out all of our Easter and Spring decor. It is so nice to finally have some bright/light colors around.
I love clearance shopping. I always shop the clearance sales after the holiday's. So, it makes it fun to open up my tubs in the garage and find new things I forgot I got last year. :)


And I did keep up this cute little thing from Natalie over at Natalie's Sentiments. :)
Taylor insisted on helping:



Easter seemed to kind of sneak up on me this year. I had already gotten all the kids' Easter basket stuff. I always get them summer stuff, like new swimming suits, sun glasses, flip flops, beach towels, etc... I had gotten them towels and swimsuits at the end of last summer. So, I really didn't have a lot of work to do. Our branch was invited with the Pines ward to do their Easter breakfast and egg hunt. We were the only family there from our branch besides our branch President's family. I felt kinda bad. But the kids had fun hunting for eggs...


Of course, we had to dye eggs...We did it the night before Easter so I could use them the next day for deviled eggs...YUM!


I got a tye-dying kit, and then Ben decided to get all fancy on me with polka dots and fancy designs. It was a fun night!
We also got pizza, and that dye would not come out of their hands. Tucker had green fingers for dayzzzzz!
The next day, the eggs were almost too pretty to eat....almost...I do love me a good deviled egg! :)
The Easter bunny came! (and I searched high and low for a matching basket for Jackson, white with a gingham liner, but couldn't find one anywhere. Besides on line which were way too expensive. I can't remember where I got these two, but I think it was just Target. So...if you see a white basket with a green gingham liner, let me know where!) :)
And then these love nuggets and I headed off to church! All the other kids in primary were totally like dressed to the 9's in new suits and ties. My mom sent me this outfit for Tucker for Easter, which I think is so cute, but totally not churchy. I was a little confused on what to do. Do I send him to church casual? Do I go and buy him another Easter outfit? In the end I decided to make it easier on myself and not stress about it. Casual to church isn't the end of the world, is it? I don't know that he'll ever wear it to church again, but he looked cute! :)
After church we just had a low key day of hanging out as a family with my dad and Kathryn, and also our good friends, Chuck and Becky came and crashed our party! :) We were very happy to have them! :) 
As I was cleaning up the table, I noticed that all these things I was cleaning up were remnants of a VERY delicious meal: Crab, butter & Diet Coke. I'll take that meal any day! :) It was delicious and the company was even better!
As I was trying my darndest to teach/remind my kids the true meaning behind Easter, it was a good reminder for myself that we are so lucky. For many many things, but especially to have been given the gift of repentance and eternal life from our Elder Brother. I need to be better at remembering. I loved the church's #becauseofhim campaign and videos. Such great reminders on a daily basis about what is truly important.

No comments: