Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Arctic Lady...

Many of you know that my dad is a commercial fisherman in Alaska. Yes, just like the guys on the Deadliest Catch, except his boat is even bigger and better! :) Anyway, every few years, the boat spends a few months in Portland getting routine maintenance done on it. That is one of the reasons for our visit to Portland, to see him and the Arctic Lady. The summer after I got home from my mission I went up and worked on the boat, tendering salmon with him for the summer. It was so much fun and I have a lot of fond memories working with my dad and his crew on the Arctic Lady. It really is my dad's first child, not me. :)
Here's the wheel house:
DSC_0763
Tucker in the skippers chair:
341
I let Kayla in on the little secret candy stash that is always kept full in one of the cupboards in the storage room. :) We took advantage! :)
347
Me, my mama and baby Taylor:
DSC_0762
Papa and Tucker
DSC_0757
My beautiful baby girl...
339

Here we are out on the deck of the boat. Because of the construction going on, we had to wear hard hats.
353
No worries that my daughter is on an upside down garbage can close to the edge of a commercial fishing boat. Totally safe, right? :)
351
I love the Arctic Lady and being in Alaska with my dad was such a great memory that I always love to go back and visit the boat when I can.

No comments: