Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trip to Portland, first leg

When Kayla was here in April, we planned a trip to Portland. Kayla actually got her return flight ticket out of Portland, just so we would for sure make a trip there. Kayla wanted to see my grandparents while she was here, so we thought it would be perfect to stop on our way to Portland.
Here are me, my mom, my grandma, and little Taylor Rae. 4 Generations:
DSC_0553
Me and my baby girl (Just over 2 months old):
DSC_0555
{Remind me to not take pictures of myself after driving in a car with two children all morning!} :)
The other thing on our 'to-do' list in Milton-Freewater was to see my best friend from elementary school!!! Her name is Coco and I hadn't seen her since we moved away after the 6th grade!!! We had recently been back in touch through facebook and she still lives in Milton-Freewater with her husband and two adorable kids!!! It was so so so great to see her! Even if it was only for a few minutes in Dairy Queen! :) (reliving some of the good ol' days!) :) I think that I am the only person ever to have had two best friends in my lifetime named: Coco and Cookie! :) Coco was my best friend in elementary school and when we moved to Spokane, my best friend in Jr. High was Cookie! :) I guess my love for food extends into the people I choose as my friends! :) It was so great to see her again, she was still Coco, and it was like no time had passed at all!!! We were able to reminisce about my 10th birthday when we went to see 'Beaches' in the theater and Coco leaned over and said to me 'it's ok if you need to cry, Taraka, I am here for you.' :) What a good friend! :)
Anyway, Tucker got a hold of my camera while we were in Dairy Queen:
033
{He had to get a few close ups}
034
And one of Aunt Kayla:
021
Oh, and one of Coco:
019
OK, here we finally are!!! :)
009
{Again, remind me to never take pictures of myself after traveling with small children for any amount of time!} :)
The rest of the Portland trip is one for the books! Not sure that I would like to relive it again, but stay tuned because, for posterity's sake, I will be posting about the rest of our trip!

1 comment:

Krista said...

How funny about Coco and Cookie. Thanks for taking the family photos they turned out great!