Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Raptor Reef...

We went to Raptor Reef a few weeks ago to try and get out of this cold cold weather! It is a little indoor water park with a wave pool, a little kiddie area and a few big slides. Taylor was too small for me to even take her in the wave pool, so we were confined to the kiddie area, although she didn't like that much either because of the spraying water, but we still had fun! :) My kids just take a while to warm up to water. I know that I've ruined them. Any future children that I have I am going to start dunking them and showering with them from infancy! :) I was afraid that the other people there might call us in for child abuse the way we were forcing them into the water at first! :) Of course, once they warmed up to it, they had a blast! Tucker was just barely tall enough to go down the big slides with an adult! So he even went down a few times with Ben. He ALWAYS had a scared to death look on his face as he reached the bottom of the slides, but once off the slide, he would talk about how fun and cool it was and always wanted to go again! :) And him and I had a lot of fun in the wave pool. We would hop on an inter-tube and ride the waves! It was a perfect mid-winter break for our family! :)
042

041
Nathan & Carter came with us too and somehow, the only picture I have of Carter is this one of him falling! :) Carter LOVED the water! He is in Hawaii this week with his mom & dad, and I'm sure he's enjoying those Hawaii waves! :)
055
Tucker & Ben going down one of the kiddie slides...
064
My dad came just to hang out and be with the kids and he ended up holding Taylor most of the time. :) I gave him a bottle of water to let Taylor drink from and I came back and he was squirting it in her mouth like she was an animal! :) It was pretty funny!
084
That Papa, thought he was pretty funny! :)
083
Oh, and here is a cute one of Carter & Papa. Papa likes to rub his beard on the babies and make them cringe! :) At the end of the day when we were all getting dressed back into our clothes, all the boys were in the dressing room and Nathan thought that Ben had Carter, and Ben thought that Carter was with Nathan and somehow Carter totally escaped the mens bathroom, fully clothed and bee-lined it straight for the water. He ran right in as far as he could go and then fell, fully clothed, back into the water! :) I don't think that Nathan & Angie will ever let Ben live that one down! :)
088
Taters had a model shoot. I think that she would have liked it more if water hadn't been so cold. I was surprised it was so cold for this time of year. She definitely warmed up to it faster than Tucker did, but after just 20 minutes or so, her feet were literally blue and she was shivering! Thats why she sat with Papa, all wrapped up in her towel most of the time. She did love to watch all the exciting things going on, though.
100

103
And even made a few new boyfriends...
106
It's so much fun to have family close to play with! I can't wait until we can take these water park adventures outside! :)

1 comment:

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

We need to go do something like that. I've heard bad things about that place, like the cold water and how it's not for younger children...oh please hurry spring!