Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tucker's First Blue and Gold banquet...

I am, admittedly, very bad at this whole cub scout thing. But! Tucker did have his first blue and gold banquet and I was determined to help him get a good cake done. I didn't realize that you usually do a campfire theme. Or, maybe you don't, I don't even know. It seemed that all the cakes there that night were campfire themed. Tucker told me he wanted to do a dragon cake, so that's what we did! :) I made the cake, and put it together, but he decorated it all on his own. He showed me how to put it together.
DSC_0117
Thank goodness for Google images, and pinterest. I was pretty proud of myself! :)
DSC_0118
Tucker then went to town:
DSC_0119
I love my creative boy:
DSC_0130

DSC_0123
I was so excited for him to be at his first blue and gold banquet. The theme was country and western and you can see Tucker's 'Most Wanted' poster, the 5th one in. He's so cute! :) I'm so grateful for the leaders who take the time to put these things together. I have a lot to learn and at this point, don't have a huge desire to get things done for him. But I know I need to muster that up and get things done for him. I know it's a great program and will teach him so many wonderful things. But I am going to have to get used to and learn to endure many more evenings like this! :)
CAM01114
Taylor went from this:
CAM01119
to this, in .1 second. This girl is so dramatic!
CAM01122
Tucker's cake with all of the others:
CAM01123
We actually high tailed it out of there a little early because it was grandma's last day here, so we went to Red Robin for dinner! :) Baby steps, people! :)

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

That’s so beautiful!! I Love this campfire themed cake. It has been made quite creatively. Anyway, today we also have to attend a birthday party at some domestic private parties Los Angeles venue. My son is over excited for this birthday party!