Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Valentines day...

Valentines day this year was a little different. We had some visitors, so it was pretty low key. Since Kayla's Valentines wasn't here, she told us that she would watch our kids on Saturday night if Ben would watch the kids on Friday night so we could do a girls night with Kathryn. So, Ben watched the kids on Friday night and Kathryn and Kayla and I went out on a date, and Kathryn even had these beautiful vases full of flowers for us! What a wonderful date she is! :) We went to The Onion and indulged in whatever our hearts desired, and then we also had some deep fried oreos for dessert. Kayla was raving about them, but I was skeptical. I mean, I love oreos, but I wasn't sure about deep frying them. Not sure what I was thinking because they were the best things I've ever had. We ordered a second plate of them even!!! It was a wonderful evening with wonderful women!
1424193500352
Saturday was Valentines day, and the kids woke up to chocolates and balloons, and just some little things. This guy was in heaven with the balloons.
1423948467649
We heart attacked daddy's side of the bed that day so he would come home and find it.
1423948541219

1423966549952
Tucker had a basketball game in the morning and Papa and Kathryn came to it. Afterwards, I knew that they were going to be running errands, so me and the kids headed up to Papa's house and heart attacked his door:
IMG_2229
Enjoying the balloons, even the next day:
1424292896993
Saturday night Ben and I went to Rio Grill, a Brazilian Churrascaria on the South hill. I love me some good Brazilian meat. We had a wonderful evening. It was pretty funny, I was at a total loss this year as to what to get Ben. So, I decided on an Amazon gift card. He loves him some gift cards. So, I gave him his gift card and he said he didn't think we were doing gifts this year (which we had never talked about) so he didn't get me anything. I was trying so hard not to be upset or sad. A little bit later in the meal, I said to him, 'not even a card??' And he said no, and was acting like he kind of felt bad, so I believed it. When we got back in his truck after dinner, he pulls out a big box and the sweetest card I've ever gotten from him. The Stinker. I should know better by now! Anyway, we had a wonderful time and I'm lucky to have this guy as my Valentine forever!
20150214_191819
It was really funny, because Jenny Gonzalez was coming into town and I was doing her Senior pictures on Saturday morning. I found out after I had done her pictures that morning that she needed a place to stay for the weekend, and of course, she could stay at our house. But I didn't think about the fact that we were going out, and that she would be at our house with Kayla. Which, I knew Kayla wouldn't care, and that it would be fine, but I just didn't want Jenny to feel awkward. But it ended up being just fine. Kayla came over to watch our kids, and Jenny was there to help, and they became friends! :)

No comments: