Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Carter turns 4!!!

My sister in law and two nephews came in the middle of October to celebrate Carters 4th birthday up here with family. I guess Nathan had some tests that he needed to study for, so she thought why not come up and celebrate with family! :) We were so excited to see them, and we were excited because that meant grammy would be coming back up too! :) She always comes up with there are visitors in town! :)
Lovin' on her little Jackson man...

IMAG0984
Grandma took us to Mobius...
IMAG0992
Two things--One, it is is my goal in life to get Chase to smile! That boy does not give those smiles away very easily!!! and two, Taylor insists on dressing herself most days. We just recently made a deal that she can pick out one thing (top or bottom) and I get to pick out the other! That way I can atleast try and match a few things here and there! Most days she just wants to wear her track outfits anyway...
IMAG0996
{Yes, that is a Lakers shirt (I think Ben might be the last Lakers fan out there!) and yes, we did get it while thrifting in San Diego!!!} :)
Tucker isn't so sure what Grandma is making him do here...
IMAG1000
That grandma!!!
IMAG1001
I just want everyone to know that it has been ONE MONTH since I have bitten my nails!! They are the longest they have ever been on their own! I had nails put on because I was just so sick of biting them and then they would hurt all the time. So I put on nails (even though I hate to spend the money) and then after a few fills, I get claustrophobic of them and just have to pop them all off and that is usually when the biting starts. BUT!!!!! Me and Taylor painted our nails for Halloween, and having them painted has totally helped me this time around! I'm hoping it's for good! Isn't it like 28 days to break a habit or something like that???
IMAG0989
Carter wanted a Scooby Doo birthday party with his cousins Tucker and Taylor he told his mom. So we had to deliver! :) It was a little last minute, and I was surprised at how little Scooby Doo things we could find, but we did our best and this is what we came up with!
IMG_1516
We also know that he loves super heroes so we had to improvise and include some of them! :) 
I was feeling pretty good about the little party we put together last minute...
IMG_1514
...that is until Angie send me this photo of the cake her sister made him for the party with her family!!! :) She had a party with her side of the family a few days later because that was the only day they all could get together. Her sister is a chef and a baker, so it's not like I had a chance!!! :) ha ha
2013101895185728
Anyway, we made our party for Carter a surprise, and here is grandma trying to camouflage herself with the pillows so she can take pictures...
IMG_1523

IMG_1533

IMG_1529
The sweet little man was pretty surprised and excited!!!
DSC_0178

DSC_0186

IMG_1543
After opening presents the kids made their own mini pizzas...
DSC_0214

DSC_0216

IMG_1549
One of my favorites from the evening...
DSC_0286
Cute Birthday Boy!
DSC_0231

DSC_0290
Then before she left, grandma took us to Jump and bounce...
DSC_0336
Jackson on his first ride down an inflatable slide! woo-hoo! I think he liked it! :)
DSC_0437
Carters faces were cracking me up, he was in heaven and he barely weighs anything so he was just flying down these slides!
DSC_0328

DSC_0457
{I love my little happy man!}
DSC_0484
And look!!! A smile from Chase! My life is now complete! :)
DSC_0495

No comments: