Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Halloween...FINALLY!

Yes, I know that I spent entirely WAY too much time and money on these cute little mummy fruit boxes. But look how cute they are!!! Curse you, pinterest!
I was in charge of Tucker's class Halloween party. I know, I know. He's my first, this is his first first grade class party. I may have been a little eager, but I jumped right in! It actually wasn't too bad. I chose to do the Halloween party because I have SO MUCH Halloween stuff.  And I had a lot of moms to help.
IMG_1462
I had one of the mom's bring these cute ghost bananas and apple smiles. Her daughter has a peanut allergy so she wanted to be in charge of food to make sure that everything was allergen free. And we had decided together to do 'healthier' snacks since they would be getting a ton of candy. Oh, and there is also a kid in Tuckers class who is vegan!!! Seriously??? So, we totally had to make sure that we used the right brands of things.What first grader is Vegan?
IMAG1087
I had another mom make these cute little clementine pumpkins with celery stems...
IMAG1088
I made these cute little candy guess jars...
IMAG1089
We had 4 stations, one for snacks, one for sugar cooking decorating, one for a craft and one for a game, and we just broke them up into 4 groups and rotated. They all had a great time! The game was a relay race where they had to wrap up their teammate like a mummy, run over to where there were little Halloween shapes, suck them up through a straw and put them in a witches cauldron; then run over and toss a bean bag into a pumpkins mouth.
IMAG1090
Two of Tucker's BFF's, Carson and Ezra:
IMAG1098
The craft station:
IMAG1097
Some of Tucker's other's great friends, Amy, Noah, Tucker and Brayden:
IMAG1092
Me and my ninja turtle. Yes, I was a pirate, I really went all out! :)
IMAG1101
Ben got home from Las Vegas that afternoon, so he was able to stay home with the babe while I went out with the kids. Tara and I were just going to let her husband, Dave take out all the kids, but we felt bad doing that to him! :) So, we took the little's, and he took the big boys.
The future Mr. & Mrs.? I think so! These two are such cute little friends. Notice Taylors #4 costume, a Lion costume she found at the McLaughlin's house! :) 
IMAG1105
Tara got these awesome glasses for her boys, and they wouldn't wear them ( I don't know why) :) So she got to sport them all night.
IMAG1102
Taylor had a great time! And I was so happy that after just about 3-4 streets, her and Chase were all tuckered out. 
IMAG1103
So we went back to their house to check out the goods:
IMAG1107
And my little monsters all ready for bed in their Halloween jammies! :) Tucker was so happy to be going out with the big boys that I didn't even get a picture of him before he took off! Bummer! When we got home, the candy was all gone! Ben said we had about 150 trick or treaters! :) I love living in such a family friendly neighborhood!
IMG_0062
Good bye October & Halloween, Hello November and Thanksgiving! :) woo-hoo!
The Halloween decor came down the very next day! :)

No comments: