Sunday, November 24, 2013

October for Taraka...

Besides what I have already posted about and Halloween, of course, here are a few extra things about my month of October:
Dyed my hair purple. Not all the way, just a few peek-a-boo chunks. This is not a very good picture of it, but I loved it! The only problem is...my friend who does my hair had never done purple before, so she used a new brand of color. The purple quickly faded to blue, which I thought also looked pretty cool, and is now a nice Teal color. More to come on that in a later post.
IMAG1086
Busted out the old U-High track jacket to support my Alma mater high school. Three 16 year old kids were in a car accident at the beginning of the month and two of the girls died. It was very sad and tragic and our community really came together. U-High put on a Toys for Tots toy drive in honor of these two girls. It is what their families requested. Anyway, I donned my U-High jacket when I went in to donate toys. It was fun showing my U-High pride and being back. (although it is a new building, and not the one I went to!) :) I did see some familiar faces. Teachers that were there when I was there, and also a friend of mine that I graduated with is now a teacher and coach there, weird!!!

IMAG0981
We had a youth activity at our house and they watched a scary movie, so I was banned upstairs with the kids. It was a pretty wild night with all the youth downstairs and all the kids upstairs! Here are Tucker and his good buddy from the branch, Brandon:
IMAG1004
Ben went out of town for a long weekend for business, and to the kids that equals sleeping with mama time. So, this is what I woke up to every morning while Ben was gone! They are NOT fun to sleep with by the way. I initially told them they could sleep with me for ONE night, and somehow it ended up being all 5 nights!
IMAG1079
And we did a lot of this:
IMAG0961
October also means Primary Program time. We spent a lot of time working on it this year, and since I knew that Ben would be out of town on the actual performance and I would be sitting on the stand with them, I wouldn't get to sneak a pic of Tucker, so I snuck one at our practice! :) Tucker did awesome and it was seriously THE BEST program I have ever seen. (and I'm not just saying that!) :) The kids did amazing and the spirit was so strong! Tucker got to say all of his lines in English this year, we wanted all the kids to say them in a language they understood, so it was half and half English/Spanish. But for every line there was in English it was also said in Spanish and visa versa. He did have sing one verse of 'If the Savior stood beside me' in Spanish with two other little boys, and did awesome at that, too! Just like last year, everyone was so impressed with the way he spoke his Spanish. I really need to start teaching him more words. Although, the other day he did say out of the blue, 'Mom, look at that Arco Iris!' (rainbow) He knows that word from the primary song, 'I like to look for rainbows' So he's picking up something! :)
IMAG1010
After the program, as a reward for doing so awesome, we watched Mormon Messages and ate popcorn and drank lemonade! I'm going to miss this primary room, lots of good memories and good friends here!
IMAG1066
And since it's fall, and everyone wants their family pictures taken, and Senior pictures are due into the school for the yearbook, so everyone is hurrying to get those done.  I have been busy busy busy working on things like this:
IMAG0980
And this: (I love making cards!)
IMAG1068
But I've been very happy with my pictures, they have turned out soooo good.  I love doing seniors! But, i'm finally done for the season and it feels good. I love doing it, but I hate it when it becomes a burden. It is a line I have to learn how to draw, as it is hard for me to say no! But I'm getting there, I'm learning. I still love doing pictures, I don't love it when it becomes too stressful and not fun anymore.

Oh, and did I mention how we went for like 4 weeks straight of sickness in our house? Yeah, that was really fun! It started with Jackson getting a little cold and cough. I took him in after a few days, and he had an ear infection. 10 days of antibiotics. Also while we were there she saw Thrush in his mouth. I didn't even know what thrush was. My other kids never had it. So, 7 days of a medicine for that. Also a diaper ointment because it usually also goes to the diaper area. Which it did. It wasn't clearing up in the diaper area, and then his hands and feet started getting little red bumps and then Tucker started to complain his hands were itchy. Yup, hand foot mouth disease. Another thing I'd never even heard of. It starts in the mouth of baby, then he puts his hands in his mouth and it spreads, and you get the idea. I guess by the time it turns into red bumps on the hands and mouth it's already past the incubation stage, and you just have to wait the 3-5 days for the redness to go away. Oh, and that also goes into the diaper area sometimes, which it did again! This poor child. When it rains, it pours, I guess! But through it all, he was happy and smiley! Sweet little thing! Oh, and then our good friends come into town for the weekend and stay with us, and we after they got home their little guy got sick, and sure enough 2 days later, Taylor is throwing up, then 2 days later, Ben is throwing up and then Tucker is throwing up! All three of them got something. It was fabulous! Taylor threw up in her carseat, so I had to strip down and wash that, and the inside of our van. Then I did about 17 loads of just sheets that week! Good times! :)
This is what it looks like when I have to give medicine to Jackson while daddy isn't hear to hold his head still while I do it:
IMAG1073
And then, because of the thrush, I had to boil the bottles after each use until it started to clear up, so I was doing a lot of this:
IMAG1033
October was a fun one, for sure! Sometimes, looking back, I wonder how I survived! :)
**I know it could be a lot worse!!**

No comments: