Monday, November 25, 2013

Pre-Halloween...

It was so fun decorating for Halloween in our new house! I feel like I finally have enough room for my decorations. ( I love to pick up cheap/clearance things after the holidays and have slowly been collecting things over the years. Also, I've inherited a lot of decor from my mom and Kathryn)
So, we set the mood in the house:
IMG_1552

IMG_1504

IMG_1278
These rats were a new addition, my mother in law sent us up, I thought they were pretty fun! :)
IMG_1388
Next on the list of things to do to get ready for Halloween was, of course, go to the pumpkin patch! We went up to Greenbluff with Taylor's pre-school. We got to go on a hay ride:
IMG_1458
Me and my guuurl:
IMG_1459
Taylor and her two friends, Amber and Lily:
IMG_1461
The kids got a pollination lesson in the apple orchard:
IMG_1472
It was such a beautiful day!
IMG_1476
Then got to pick their very own apple:
IMG_1478
In the maze with her friend, Lily:
IMG_1484
And her friend, William:
IMG_1487
Then she got to pick her very own pumpkin!
IMG_1494
The talking pumpkin kind of scared her a bit. Here is her reaction right after it started talking. :) She immediately got up and ran about 20 feet back to listen to it.
IMG_1498
Taylor ended up choosing a pumpkin for all of us, that sweet girl!
IMG_1502
Tucker also got to go to a pumpkin patch with his class. I didn't go, so I have no pictures. But he did get to pick out a pumpkin and then they had a pumpkin decorating contest in his class. This is Tucker's pumpkin and how he chose to decorate it:
IMG_1269
I thought it turned out pretty cute, and he won 'funniest' (?) pumpkin. I went in to help with the party and saw all of the pumpkins and man, I was impressed with the kids creativity! I mean, this was just a kit we bought, but some of the kids went all out! So fun!
We went to our good friends house to paint pumpkins with them. Taylor decided to go black and white with hers with pink sparkles on it! 
IMAG1070
Sweet Avery helping Taylor decorate her pumpkin:
IMG_1396
I love how Avery's pumpkin turned out, here is one side:
IMG_1392
And on the other side, this:
IMG_1391
The note just kills me! She did that one all on her own! :)
Tucker's pumpkin:
IMG_1402

IMG_1403
These two boys have to be the silliest boys I know, and together...sheesh! I love their sweet friendship. Tucker and Owen are BFF's and it's fun that me and Meg have been very good friends since we were 12!!!
IMG_1418
It is my goal in life to get Kate to like me. She will never give me the time of day. So, when I had my camera out and she was actually looking at me and smiling and playing, I was pretty excited. Avery was making this face on purpose! :)
IMG_1406
I had no intentions of doing any more pumpkins, but the kids found these 'Mr. Potato head' pumpkin kits that they have now. I forgot I got two on clearance last year after Halloween, so we went out and got 2 more small pumpkins and we decorated them Mr. Potato head style. Which was fairly quick and easy! :) My kind of activity!
IMG_1470
Taylor's pumpkin princess:
IMG_1480
And the kids posing with their pumpkins in front of the house. They are nuts!
IMG_1497
But I do love everything about this picture. Taylor trying to be like her big brother, the beautiful fall leaves on our grass, the sun set reflecting on the house. Our new home (where our kids will be raised) and all the pumpkins in our front walkway. I just feel like it is so picturesque. I hope there are many more Halloweens to come in our home!

No comments: