Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Treats...

Of course, Christmas time wouldn't be Christmas time without treats and goodies and lots and lots of sugar!!! :) One night for FHE we made gingerbread houses. 
The kids loved it:
IMG_2826

IMG_2833

IMG_2832

IMG_2829
{This little stinker--I love those chubby cheeks so much!}
IMG_2828
But I think that this big man child of mine loved it the most. He was channeling his inner architect, being very precise and exact and particular with his house.
IMG_2834
Our completed village of gingerbread houses:
IMG_2838
My friend Katrina and I usually have a baking day together, putting together our plates of goodies for friends and families. We just couldn't make it work this year with our schedules, and I was super sad about it, but Taylor and I pushed on and had a baking day to ourselves. We made Fudge, no bake cookies, homemade Oreos, and this new recipe I found for cookies that have crushed oreos and candy canes and white chocolate chips in them, they sounded divine. So we gave them a try.
CAM00571
One little helper and One little anti-helper:
CAM00573
I love it when my table looks like this:
CAM00579
We also went to our friends, the Nelson's, house to make graham cracker houses. Danna was so good an had everything there and ready for us when we got there. The kids had a ball. I had a ball eating all the treats and drinking from the delicious hot chocolate station she had set up there:IMG_3344
The big kids got to go downstairs to decorate theirs while the littles were upstairs closer to the parents. That's alotta kids right there!!! :) The Nelsons, Mortensens, us and the Barkers:
IMG_3350

IMG_3358

IMG_3356

IMG_3345
We are so lucky to have such awesome friends. I love the holiday's for giving us excuses to play with our friends and family and eat lots and lots of treats!!!

No comments: