Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Tucker's actual birthday...

This is how I found Tucker on the morning of his 8th birthday. Flattering, right? I'm not sure how those undies got so far up there, but when I saw it, I knew I had to document it. Sorry, buddy! :)
He still had no clue about the trip to DC, so we went along with things as planned. I came in right BEFORE lunch to bring the treats, which I think isn't the norm, but he didn't question, nor any of the other kids. They were happy to get Krispy Kreme before lunch! :) The class sang to him, and if you know this kid, you know how much he HATES being the center of attention (HA!) :)
And Mrs. Barnes twirls them around while they are being sung to. I love that Mrs. Barnes!
Tucker, Carson and Niko:
He wanted me to walk with him down to the lunch room with the rest of his class so he could pass out the doughnuts to everyone while they ate. He did know that he was coming home with me at lunch time, but just thought that it was because of his birthday.
These three cute siblings walking out of the school that day:
Ben had come home from work while I was at Tucker's class and packed up the car. I had all of our luggage hiding in our closet, which I am still shocked the kids didn't notice. Kirt was there to take us to the airport, and we kept on telling Tucker that we were all going to lunch for his birthday. But then we kept on passing all of the places he wanted to stop (arbys...mcdonalds....taco bell....all really fancy places) :). Finally he realized we were heading to the airport, but didn't really get why yet. When we finally pulled up to the airport and started getting everything out, we told him we were heading to Virginia to see Noah and Jonah. And he started crying!!! It was the strangest reaction I have ever seen. We kept on asking why he was crying, and he didn't really know, I think that he was just in shock! He also at first kept on saying that he didn't want to go, that he just wanted lunch! :) Silly boy. Although, I'm sure he was hungry! But we finally got him settled down, and it hit him what we were doing, and how much fun our week with cousins would be, and he got REALLY excited. It was just so funny to see him react to strangely. He was just in shock and didn't know what to think, I think! :)
I was just happy to have Ben on the trip with us. It is so much easier traveling with another adult. 
Jackson parked himself right in the middle of the airport while Ben was checking us in, and decided to drink his bottle right then and there:
You can see that after the shock wore off, he was VERY excited to see Noah and Jonah. And he was excited to see DC, he had been talking about the President and the White House before we even left, and we kept on telling him that maybe one day we'll get the chance to go to DC! :)
Always hamming it up for the camera:

It was a good, uneventful flight, and I loved looking over and seeing these two reading a magazine together. They're such buds!
Jackson listening to daddy's music. Not sure what to think...
Finally we made it to DC! It was late at night, but we were there! YAY!
Uncle David at the airport to pick us up:
Let the good times begin!!! (And even from day one there were good times, as I had forgotten that David is the SCARIEST driver on the planet!!! And since I get car sick so easy, it's not a great combo!) :)

No comments: