Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Kassie's birthday...

My bestie has 4 daughters. And I love all of them. Her second daughter, Kassie turned 12 in December. It was her year to have a big friend party. Katrina planned this super fun night of taking all the girls to Wal-Mart for a scavenger hunt. It was a lot of girls and a lot of work, so I offered to help her for the night. Taylor and I went and partied with a bunch of 12 year olds.
Katrina explaining to us the rules:
CAM00590
We got into 4 groups and another one of moms came to help, too. A friend of Katrina's, Tami Perrin. This was my group of awesome girls. I got all the sisters and sister's friends. But we still rocked it. :) We definitely didn't win, but we sure had a good time. There were about 20 things we had to collect, things like; the ugliest toy, the smallest shoes, the brightest pink thing you can find, the grossest food. I felt kind of bad, that we collected all of these things and then just left them in the carts, but I guess that's why the people have jobs, right!? :) Some funny things about that night, was that we had all gathered our things, we met at the back of the store. All of us were squeezed into this small area, and Gary leaned on a door and the alarm in the store went off!! It was so funny, all the girls started to scream and we went into a different aisle. Then...as we were walking out of the store after, there was a man getting arrested right there in the parking lot at the front of the store. All the girls were so creeped out by that, we had to keep on telling them that he probably just stole something, but literally, the cops had him on his knees and he was getting his hands cuffed behind his head, and everything! Of course it happened right as we were walking out! :)
CAM00592
We then went back to their house for pizza and cake and ice cream and presents. Taylor and Maggie; cute girls!!!
IMG_2842
Cute Kassie and all of her friends:
IMG_2848

IMG_2851
I forgot how much energy and high pitched screaming happens at 12 year old birthday parties. Although, it does just seem that I was just at that age a few years ago!!!
IMG_2856
All of the girls were so sweet to Taylor, They did a little white elephant gift exchange. Katrina went and got a whole bunch of dollar store gifts, and they were so sweet giving Taylor what she wanted. 
IMG_2854
It's funny because I was taking this picture of Gary taking a selfie with all the girls...
IMG_2874
Then, Katrina thought it was funny to take a picture of Gary taking a picture with the girls, and I got a picture of them all! :) Such a fun night! I sure am glad that I have a few more years before I have to go through this!!!
IMG_2876

No comments: