Monday, December 1, 2014

Life in November...

November came, and my van FINALLY was done. Like a month later. I was really sad to be done using my dad's avalanche, it's so nice! I took it through a carwash thinking that Jackson would think it was cool; apparently he hadn't been through one before, because this was his reaction:
I will also miss this very much; having a movie player in the car. It was so nice while waiting for the bigger siblings to do their things...
This funny lady was a bunny one day. We had stopped by Kathryn's house to do something, and there were some carrots on the counter and for some reason she was desperate for one. Like big huge full on carrots. Kathryn gave her one and then made her some whiskers. She loved them! :)
Taylor wanted to match one day. She put on her jean jacket and told me to go put mine one. I can't argue with a girl who wants to match! :)
This little baby boy was sick one day and we spent the day in my bed watching movies. It was so nice, but so sad to have him sick! :(
And somehow when I take just one day off from motherly duties, the laundry turns into this:
I offered my instagram friends a dollar to anyone who wanted to come and fold it for me, but no one accepted the offer! :)
But then I discovered these, and my life was good again:
For Veterans day at Sunrise, they had us parents send in pics to make a big wall of photos as you walked into the school. It was really cool to see all the pictures, and I wish that I had more pictures of all our Veteran ancestors, but I did have a lot of Grandpa Elmer, so I sent in a few. Here is Tucker next to his Great Grandpa Elmer's photos:
This little man got his very FIRST haircut. I loved the curls, but it was starting to look a little shabby. I like a clean cut boy. He wasn't sure what to think of the whole thing, but he sat there and did well, for the most part. I had to go and stand right by him, but he did it, which is WAY more that Tucker would do at this age! :)

Just enjoying some evening sun coming through my window and lighting up my vases from Grandma!
So, at the beginning of the year, I signed up to be the Little Red Easel teacher in Tuckers class. The Little Red Easel program is an art program, in addition to the art they do with their teacher, where a parent comes in once a month and highlights an artist and his or her style of art. Then the kids get to try their hand at it. It's just once a month for like an hour and a half. I thought I could handle that with getting babysitters etc. After I signed up, I learned that 3 other moms from our classroom also signed up, which has been a huge blessing because I haven't had to go in every month, which is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I always feel bad asking my friends. Anyway...I finally got the chance to go in in November and help. Usually we tag team so we have a helper. This particular one, was making prints. They got to glue yarn in shapes, then paint the pieces of yarn and use them as like stamps to make prints. It's really fun and right up my alley, I love fun artsy and crafty things like this and I love being in Tucker's class with him.
I told him to smile and this is what I got:
I always have to threaten and use my mean mom voice to get pictures like this: :)
Who knows what these weirdos are doing here, but just being themselves. (which I happen to love) I love the moments that they seem to all be getting along just fine together; it does happen sometimes!:)
One thing my dad asked me to do while he was gone was get his yard all cleaned up. His yard is awful in the fall with the leaves. I asked a few guys from our branch, but they didn't have time, so I was kind of getting worried about it. One day while I was driving to his house to check his mail and pay his bills, I saw this dirty old ratty truck in his neighbor's driveway, with a few older, weathered gentlemen working away on their lawn. The truck had a homemade yard service sign on it. I was getting desperate, so I just stopped and asked them if they had time to do my dad's yard. They immediately walked over to assess it:
It's definitely a lot of work, and I knew my dad was willing to pay some to get it done. Well, they told me $75 an hour and that it would take like 5 hours, and I said, SOLD. So, they came over the next day and spent the entire day working on it. Then I got the $700 bill!!! I couldn't believe it and I was in shock, but I was too nervous to question them about it. He said they had to work longer than planned, and had to make three trips to the dump, which they added into the price etc... And, I don't know if they were just taking advantage of a dumb naive girl, or what, but they got me good if that was the case! I was a little nervous to show that receipt to my dad! :)
And, luckily I had them come, because literally, the very next day it looked like this:
For the life of me, I can't remember all of these Chuck E Cheese trips, but I keep on finding all of these random CEC photos, so, apparently we went there a time or two during the fall! :)
As I was changing out Tuckers school picture in the frame, I found his older photos. Sometimes I don't realize how much he's changed, but looking at all of these together makes me realize just how much of a big boy he is starting to look like. Don't grow up too fast, buddy!!!
It's been a good month, and we've got a BIG surprise for the kids in store!!! Can't wait for Tucker's birthday at the end of the month!!!

No comments: