Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas with Grandma Kelly...

My mom got back into town a few days before Christmas and we decided to do our Christmas with her while she was here. She got back into town, and funny story...I got a phone call from my dad from the Seattle Airport. Him and Kathryn had left for Mexico right after Tucker's baptism and my mom left for Kansas City right after his baptism, and I just didn't even put it together until the day before, but they had both asked me to pick them up at the airport on Sunday night. The Sunday night before Christmas. Actually, when it got closer, I was worried I wouldn't be able to do it, because my mom told me she was coming in at 9 and my dad at 10. I thought, how in the world am I going to get both of them??? Then, my dad called me from the Seattle airport telling me that he saw my mom in the Seattle airport and they were on the same flight!!! ha ha!! :) I was dying, but it made it easier for me, just one trip to the airport! :) ha ha
Anyway, my mom was here and she said she wanted to run and pick up a few more things for the kids, so off to Target we went. Jackson found this little push toy and held on to it for dear life, which in grandma's world that means that he HAS to have it. So, of course, she got it for him, 2 days before Christmas. The stinker. He then fell asleep with it in his arms.
IMG_2883
Since not a single one of my siblings came home for Christmas, we had grandma all to ourselves. The kids loved that. We had a nice relaxing dinner at home and then opened up gifts:
IMG_3374
It was a wonderful night of opening gifts and just having a ton of fun together. There were lots of happy and excited faces, like this:
IMG_3388

IMG_3395

IMG_3400

IMG_3402

IMG_3409

IMG_3412

IMG_3442
Grandma is so good to us. And, of course, my sweet Tucker is always so grateful. He is the most grateful kid I know, and always, without even any prompting from me, will thank people for the things that they give him. I love that about him. There were lots of bear hugs for grandma. 
IMG_3450

IMG_3457
This Jackson boy was very protective of his grandma. Every time someone would give her a hug he would go over and try and get inbetween them and then he would be right there to hug on her himself. Jealous much???
IMG_3472

IMG_3477

IMG_3513

IMG_3514
Grandma giving me an air hug from across the room:
IMG_3539

IMG_3541

IMG_3572

IMG_3600
Big group thank you hug on grandma:
IMG_3610
We then, of course, got to play with our new toys all night. Lucky kids! Thanks grandma for the low-key, wonderful, full of love Christmas! We love you so much!
IMG_3625

No comments: