Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving day in DC; the Museum of Air and Space...

We were quite the group walking around the mall. Really, the only other people there that day, on Thanksgiving day were from other countries. I'm not even sure why these museums are open since I thought Thanksgiving was a National Holiday! :) But, I'm not complaining, since we had such a nice day with easy parking, and no crowds.
This girl loves to soak up every minute she can with her daddy when he's not working.
And, once they noticed me snapping pictures, they had to ham it up for the camera:
The Capitol Building to one side:
And the Washington Monument on the other:

The Museum of Air and Space:
We somehow got disconnected from the group, and so just Tucker and I had a lot of time just the two of us at the museum. It was fun doing everything with just him and I. He was definitely one of the most excited about all the cool things in this museum.

I didn't have my phone with me when we got separated, so after a while, I wanted to just wait in the middle of the museum to see if anyone passed by us. So, while we waited, Tucker just stood there on the ledge looking over at all the cool things around him. I would have loved to know what he was thinking!!! :)
And this was all that he was looking at. You can still see him teeny tiny in the corner over there, looking out over the ledge:
Our whole fam damily:
On our way home that afternoon, we drove by the White house. As we were driving by, right after I took this picture, there were people standing on the sidewalk just staring at me--so I said hello. It was pretty funny! (but I guess you had to be there) :)
A closer look at the Washington Monument:

I would have also loved to have gone to the Lincoln memorial, but we just didn't have enough time. Next time, we're going to have to plan at least two days in the city. Plus, with all the kids, we were wiped out. They were done touring. And it was starting to get really cold. So, we headed home.
I took this cool picture on our way home, as we were passing the Pentagon, the clouds look so ominous...
And within just a few minutes, the kids were like this, so we knew it had been a successful day!!! :)
It was a really fun day, and I'm so glad we got the chance to go and explore a little bit of Washington DC!

No comments: