Friday, December 26, 2014

Tucker's Baptism...

My little boy got baptized!!! He is so sweet, I can't even believe it. It was such a fun event and baptism to plan. We had some great moments with this whole experience. Tucker and his BFF Owen had planned on getting baptized together for the past year. They both have November birthdays and were so excited.  I was excited for them to go through something like this together. We planned, and prepared, and they both wanted their papa's to speak, and I made some cute little baptism invites. It was totally in the works. Also, Owen and Tucker were getting baptized on their own, because my dad was in Alaska still on the day of the stake baptism, and since they had planned on getting baptized together, Owen joined in our personal baptism, which we were super excited about. Then, on Halloween night, as we were trick or treating with some friends, the Stake Primary president saw us (well, I was with Jackson at home, but she saw Ben and Meg and Wes and all of our kids) and she said that she just couldn't stop thinking about Taylor Kartchner, a boy in Tucker's class, in the Evergreen ward, whose family hadn't been to church for a while. But she just couldn't stop thinking about him, and Meg had told her that Tucker was friends with him at school, and that Meg was his mom's visiting teacher, and that we would invite him to get baptized with Owen and Tucker. Maybe the idea of a smaller baptism would interest them more. After the baptism we found out that there were three things that all kind of worked together to get Taylor to decide to get baptized. Meg had called Marianne, his mom, and told her how Owen and Tucker were getting baptized together in a smaller service, and that we would love for Taylor to join them. Meg said that she sounded kind of shocked a little but she is awesome, and she said that she would talk to Taylor and see if he wanted to do that. The second thing was that Tucker asked Taylor at school if he wanted to get baptized with him and Owen. I'm not sure that Taylor even knew how that all worked, but it planted the seed in Taylor and he told Tucker he didn't know. And lastly, the Stake Primary presidency sends out baptismal information a month or so before the month you are supposed to get baptized in. Taylor had checked the mail at his house the day that this information arrived and opened it and read it, and initiated the conversation with his mom about his baptism, and since he had just been invited by Tucker, and since Meg had just spoken to Marianne about it, they talked about it. And Taylor decided, on his own, that he wanted to get baptized, I just think that this is such a cool story and experience for Taylor, and I really hope that one day we will see the benefit of it all.
Anyway, I made these cute announcements for the boys to give to their family and friends:
I'm sure that Meg and Marianne thought I was crazy, I was e-mailing them all the time about planning food, etc... Taylor is the youngest in his family and Owen the middle, but Tucker was my first, and being a planner by nature, I was a little psychotic!!! In the end, we decided to get Jimmy John's (They are Tucker's favorite, and I don't think the other boy's cared!) :) and Marianne made some yummy salads, and Meg got some yummy cupcakes. (We were going to do Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but Meg went in to get some, and the machine was broken down and they didn't have doughnuts! Can you believe that!!! Of all days!)
Tucker got this cool new CTR ring from his Aunt Kayla:
The day of the baptism came, and it was perfect. Nice, peaceful filled with family and friends. I'm glad all the crazy work was done ahead of time, because the day of was perfect!
Our little fam bam. I love these guys:

These two. I tell you, they are like two peas in a pod. I tell them to pose, and this is what they do:

So, I handed my mom my camera, and she took the above pictures of our family. Then she told me she was going to keep my camera the rest of the baptism so she could get some pictures. Well, she must have bumped the autofocus to manual focus, because the next few pictures were all blurry and I realized at the end of the service that it was on manual focus and I was able to switch it back for the last few pictures.
Cute Avery handing out the programs:
The three boys and their dads:
Bishop Clark of the Evergreen ward conducting:
My dad spoke on Baptism:
Ron spoke on the Holy Ghost:
Us moms all did a little spotlight on the boys, talking a little bit about them:


Then the baptism. It is so cool watching your baby boy get baptized. Him and his daddy were so sweet together. One thing I love about this picture, are all of the hispanic heads that are in it. I loved that so many of his little buddy's from the branch came to his baptism. We are so blessed with so many great friends. The whole RS room was full of friends and family from all of our different wards and branches.
This was when I finally realized it was on Manual Focus, so I was able to switch it. The three boys all looking out at their family and friends there to support them.
Stinkers:
Carmen, Maria and Yulissa all came. Some of my greatest friends from our branch:
3 generations of friends, the Campbell's and the Schlerfs, Pyper and Mortensens:
They boys and their Papa's:
I love these cute boys so much and I'm so glad that Tucker has a BFF that he gets to experience things like this with. I am so glad that he is a good kid. He really truly wants to do good and is the boy that when I ask him to do something will do it! I just hope that he continues to have that strong desire to do good and be good! I love him so much and feel so blessed to have a big boy like him being a good example to our other kids!

No comments: