Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Easter...

I can't believe that it is already May! Easter has already come and gone and it seemed to go by so quickly! Last year around this time I think I took Tucker to some 8 Easter egg hunts! Yeah, I was a little crazy! This year we didn't even dye eggs! Lame, I know. We took him to the church for an Easter breakfast and egg hunt. But even that was only him and I and my dad. Baby stayed home with daddy and then we rushed home so I could feed her. Not exciting for a two year old, but that is life with a newborn, right!! :)
028

030
I decided to make it a little more exciting for Easter morning. It has become tradition that we have an egg trail coming out of Tuckers room in the morning leading to his basket. He loves it. I've decided to start another tradition, that Easter baskets will be filled with the kids swim suits and candy. And that's it! :) I found myself wanting to fill them with all kinds of toys and had to remind myself that it wasn't Christmas again. So to make it easier on myself, swimming gear only! :) Plus it is a perfect time to start getting ready for the summer! :) Anyway...
022
Tucker was SO excited! :) He only cares about the candy anyway...
024

031
This child concentrates so hard on things. When he is determined, he is determined! :) And his face really shows it!
023
Easter Sunday was great! It was conference weekend, so it doesn't get much better than that! I love conference weekend. Number one, obviously for the talks and getting to listen to the prophet, but also I love lounging around all day in my pj's and eating! :) Conference this year was amazing and like always, I REALLY felt that all of the talks were written directly for me. Funny thing though, thinking about them now, I really couldn't tell you the topic of any one of the talks that we listened to! :) I guess that's why we get the ensign so I can go back and read them. :)
We watched the Sunday morning session at our house on our computer and then Tucker and Ben went up to the Enloe's house for the second session while Taylor and I stayed at home. Then we went up and totally crashed their family Easter dinner! We had no family in town since my mom doesn't live here anymore and my dad was in Arizona with his girlfriend and Nathan and Angie were with her family. We were family-less! :)Luckily we have our second family here.
Of course, Sharlene and her family had this delicious dinner prepared (Thanks to Eric and his excellent culinary skills!) and an awesome Easter egg hunt planned! :) We were lucky to get in on the action.
032
Tucker found so many eggs and was in heaven!
030
Carters basket dropped and he was so sad! That is such a sad face! :)
031
Jackson found so many eggs that his basket overfilled and he had to start putting eggs in his tucked in shirt! :)
035
These two cute boys...
039
Tucker gave Taylor an egg and she held on to it for a while... :)
040
Somehow Eric ended up with Taylor and he looks really excited about it...
044
This is what he really wanted to be doing...
050
Thanks Enloe's for adopting us as part of your family! You guys are too good to us! We love you!
As much as I tried to NOT spoil Tucker for Easter and keep things simple and low key, He ended up with a brand new bike!!! My dad got it for him for Easter and he loves it! We haven't gotten too much use of it because of the weather, but he will go out and ride it in the garage every now and then. He fell over his first time on it. We hadn't gotten him a helmet yet, and luckily he just had some scratches on his nose. Poor guy! But we have gotten him a helmet since then! :) And it's taken some convincing but he still can't wait to ride it in the summer time! :)
008

1 comment:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

i can't believe how big tucker is! i need to make a trip up to see that cute baby too!! ben would love having me, a 2 year old, and another baby in the house i'm sure!!!