Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tuckers trip to the dentist...

Someone went to the dentist for the first time...
001
You were all nervous that it was me, weren't you! :) So, yes, I finally took my THREE year old to see the dentist. I think the suggested age is 1?! oops! I felt one was a little too early, but really meant to take him by his second birthday. That didn't happen either! They're just baby teeth, right! :) j/k!
Anyway, he did SO SO SO good! I was really nervous because he can just be a pill sometimes. But he did so great and I was SO proud of him! He even got x-rays and sat on my lap the whole time being such a big boy! :) It really gave me hope for his future. It was looking bleak there for awhile! :)
BUT...not so great news... he had a cavity! Yes, I felt like mother of the year! He has a cavity on the back of one of his front teeth. AND...he has to go in in July and get a crown put on his FRONT TOOTH! My first thought was OMG! I am going to have a child walking around with a silver front tooth! :) Luckily they have tooth colored porcelain ones, and that is what he will get. I feel so bad. When he goes in in July, they are going to put him completely under. Like with gas (i think). They do that so that he doesn't hate the dentist office and will want to come back!
But as you can see above, we have to keep that smile bright and shiny! :) And he loved getting a new toothbrush, and he actually likes flossing his teeth! :)
What a champ!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh goodness, that makes me nervous that Keyton has undetected cavities too, what with all that apple juice he drinks and whatnot. I finally got him in for his first appointment earlier this year, and he was good, but he wouldn't even let the girl look in his mouth... oh dear. Yeah, apparently we're supposed to start bringing them in to the dentist once they get their first teeth in. whoops.