Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Landscaping...

Look what my amazing husband has done to our house!
Up until a few weeks ago, to say that the front of our house was boring would have been an understatement. We had some serious landscape issues! :) It was basically red rock in a ring around our house, around the front walk way and that was about it; and I loathed the red rock!:) Ben Surprised me a few weeks ago by bringing home this huge pile of gray rock, some new shrubs and bushes and him and Tucker started in on our new front landscaping! It was so wonderful and so thoughtful of him. I loved it!
It was a lot of work, too! First Ben had to clean out all of the red rock and move it out and then him and Tucker got to work on planing the shrubs and bushes and filling in the gray rock. I should have taken more pictures. But there really is a reason I have no pictures of the front of our house...boring! :)
029
{Here they are hard at work-I love that Tucker always wants to help and really does ALL that he can to help! He loves working with his daddy,and can often be heard saying things like, 'ok dad, lets get to work!'}
056
And, after a weeks worth of back breaking work, the finished product!
002
It looks SO much better than the red rock!! And I love it! And it goes so well with our brand new windows that Ben also surprised me with! He is so good at reading into my hints, and really has done SO much to make our home more beautiful! :) Tucker and I planted the flower pots on the front porch to go with our new landscape.
I had to add this picture in with it, because whenever Ben mows the yard, Tucker has to get out his mower and follows him around. Here is Tucker 'adjusting' the settings on his mower, just like his daddy! :)
<span class=

4 comments:

April said...

your house is so cute Taraka- way to go Mr. Husband!

Darci said...

Wow - it looks great! Landscaping is hard work, but it sure pays off. New windows too - so spoiled! :)

Frank Richards said...

My wife is currently 4 weeks pregnant. We are trying to convert the guest room to a new nursery. We are so excited! I even hired licensed siding contractors. Minneapolis residents are fortunate to have builders that are highly skilled and so much helpful. They advised us on the materials to be used. In my son's room, they installed classic wood sidings and quality vinyl windows. St. Paul, MN also has a nearby hardware store for us to run errands to. The room is gorgeous. I was looking for design ideas for the new room and I came across your blog. I think that you have a very lovely home and such a cute family. I love what you guys did with the landscaping- it truly is a breath of fresh air. Great job!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Good job Ben and Tucker, it looks great. I love the new windows!