Friday, May 14, 2010

short grandma visit...

It is always a struggle for Tucker when his grandma from Alabama is in town. Only because he just doesn't know what to do with himself when BOTH of his grandmas are here. He loves my mom and obviously sees her a lot. And he LOVES going to Alabama and visiting his grandma down there, but he just doesn't know quite what to do when they are both together. He gets torn about who to be with and snuggle with and talk to and what to call each one of them. While they were both here for Taylor's blessing we didn't know what to call them because he calls both of them grandma. We decided to call my mom short grandma, for the time being. :)
Anyway...
I have A LOT of catching up to do here... my list of posts to write keeps growing and growing. We have had SO many visitors over the past few months and I just can't seem to catch up with everything in the blogging world. WAAAYYYY back in March, Ben had to go to Utah and Seattle for some work things and was gone for a week. I was (and still am) a little nervous about being alone with the TWO kiddos, so my mom came up to stay with me for the time while Ben was gone. I tell you what, there is NOTHING better than having your mom in town! Not only does Tucker just adore her, and Taylor too, but she does my laundry and grocery shopping while she is here! It is like I am in heaven, I swear! :) Here are just some highlights from her time here.
Tucker and Carter watching a movie together. Whenever my mom is in town, we see a whole lot more of this little man! :) Carter really looks comfy, huh! :)
372
She spoiled us and took us to Red Robin. Angie and Tucker enjoyed a Rookie Magic together:
062
I think that Carter may have been jealous and wanted a little taste of that milkshake! :)
061
And of course, here again, Taylor is the life of the party! :)
060
Whenever grandma is in town, there is always trampoline jumping! :) Even if it is cold outside!
189
Taylor really loves short grandma, too! Taylor seems to be a real mama's girl and she also loves her grandma!
157
Tucker and grandma being silly...
352
Back at Taylor's blessing, my mom was the one behind the camera and after the fact I realized we didn't get a picture of her and Taylor together. So while my mom was here for the week, we decided to get some pictures before church. Nothing fancy, in the hallway before any crying started...
380
And grandma with both kiddos...
382
And here I am with these two cute kids...
388
My cute little cousin Kjersti got her mission call and is going to the Brazil, Joa Persona mission. She had her farewell while my mom was here so we got to go to that. I still can't believe that little Kjersti is a missionary! It's crazy! She did a great job and will be a great missionary!
All the girls: Taylor, my mom, Kjersti, Aunt Lorraine and me!
392
Well, we had a great time while short grandma was here and are so grateful for all she does for us! Thanks for loving my children as much as I do!

4 comments:

Darci said...

Mom's really are the best and seem to know just what we need. The pictures of her with Taylor are precious.

Madsen Family said...

I'm jealous your mom is so close so she can come and spoil you often (hopefully). PLUS: Happy B-day to you! You live in a zoo...hee, hee. Hopefully, you'll be getting a phone call from me today to wish you a happy, happy b-day!

Kelli said...

wow- I didn't realize kjersti was even old enough to go on a mission! I must have spaced if someone had already told me this! Keyton has an issue with calling both grandmas "grandma" too. nice idea. :)

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

Aren't Mom's the greatest. I don't know how I would have ever had any kids without my mom around! Where does your Mom live now? Your kids are so cute.