Monday, July 14, 2008

About a Fence...

Some of you may remember our old rickety fence that we had in the backyard...

Well, its been replaced! :) YEAH!


So, A few months ago I was out in the backyard playing with Tucker, and the little old lady who lives behind us came over and started telling me how sorry she was about the fence, and how her dog almost gets through to our side, and how she wants to replace it, and yada yada yada... So I tell her that my husband works for a vinyl fence company and we could get it done at cost and split the cost and yada yada yada. She seems very excited about this, so I send Ben over there a few days later to talk to her about it. She wants nothing to do with him. She tells him like the exact opposite of what she had told me, and sends him on his merry way. Well, a few weeks go by, Ben and I are thinking that we are just going to have to replace the fence ourselves... Well, one morning last week, I open the blinds to find that the fence is completely gone! And sure enough, later on that afternoon vinyl fence posts start popping up and the next day we have a brand new vinyl fence. Its not the kind that I would have chosen, but its brand new and we didn't have to pay a dime for it--and I'm definitely down with that. :)

Thanks little old lady that lives behind us.

11 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Good for you guys!! Are you a bit scared of the crazy lady over the fence? I am and I don't even know her!

Rosie Moncrief said...

FREE STUFF ROCKS THE MOST!! SWEET NEW FENCE!

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

Love the fence! Be gratful such a generous little old lady. Our neighbors are cranky about stuff like that. How are the fires in Spokane? I hope everyone is safe.

April said...

you freegan you!

I just landed a free fence- but it is wood...does it wrap around your whole property?

Madsen Family said...

I like the fence--I think it is different looking (though it does feel a bit old ladyish). You are so very lucky. And your back yard looks oh-so-fun---great toys. We better move back there FOR SURE so we can mooch all your great lawn toys!

Morgan Territory said...

What's up with the odd neighbor lady? How strange? Even more ironic that YOU guys end up with the free fence! Looks great though!

Allendorf's

Anonymous said...

Sweet!! What a nice lady. She probably planned on replacing it all along and was just messing with you guys! That's too funny!!

Jeff and Erika Mitchell said...

I love when neighbors do that. We had our back and side neighbors put up a fence, only wood of course. So far just one is free, lets hope they don't come knockin!

Christy Ivory said...

Ok, this is so weird!!!! We had the same thing happen to us. If I were to write it in my journal it would be word for word the same. Do you think it's because they are old???
Christy

Sadie Agurkis said...

OMG, I miss those cheeks too!
Aunty Sadie loves her some Tuck!
Thanks for your advise yesterday Taraka, I can always count on you, you are such a good friend.
XOXO... love you guys!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Somehow, the dog of that little old lady had been a blessing in disguise to you! :) Because of the old lady's dog, your wood fence has been replaced for free and with a better material. Maintaining your fence is now hassle free, since you got a vinyl fence. Compared to wooden fences, vinyl fences do not rot. Just a friendly reminder: Occasionally remove dust and dirt from it using sponge and a water hose. Additionally, if grime builds up, wipe it with some powder detergent. That way, your fence will always look new. BTW, we'll love to here more posts from you.

->Cristen Eacret