Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Summer Fun, continued...

So, despite the fires, our summer fun has not ended. We are all doing well by the way, after the lungs stopped burning (from smoke inhalation) we were all good to go; thanks to everyone for the prayers and concern. Anyway, we have been going non-stop. You know how sometimes you feel like you are going and going and going and just so busy, but then someone asks you what you've been up to, you don't really have a lot to say, like, 'nothin' really', but really, SO much stuff that I am going non-stop? Anyway, that's how I've felt the last few weeks.
We did have some visitors: My old roomie (in Hawaii) Amy came to visit me. She lives in St. Louis, so I never get to see her. :( But it was SO much fun, too short of a visit, but SO great. Our trips down memory lane were fabulous! :) Thanks for coming Amy!

Allen, Kelli and Keyton came. (They just happened to be in town during the fire...) So we got some good playground time in.

We, of course, have been doing a lot of BBQ'n with our fabulous friends. This particular night, was good ol' Dutch oven cookin'.


We did discover Tuckers love for Trampoline jumping. (too bad Grandma & Grandpa got rid of theirs)

(Carly & Tucker spending as much time together as they can, the lovebirds) :)

Doing A LOT of this:







We got a pool membership and it has been the BEST! Tucker loves swimming and it is just perfect on a hot summer day!

And, of course, a little of this:

Lakes aren't bad either, and since there are so many, so close to us, we've gone there a few times, as well. Tucker likes playing in the sand more than in the cold lake water.

4 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Looks like fun fun fun. I have to see Tucker in real life. Hes so cute and I love his faces! I do wonder where he gets them. So Rosie put a picture up thats really pretty of all of us. Why?????

Rosie Moncrief said...

The good news is that the few people that even look at my blog are all in that picture! Plus it helps that we were all nerdy together than by ourselves right??! It's not for sure yet that we're coming. That ball is all in Cookie's court. I'm trying my best to talk her into it! I think I might whip out some tears soon, maybe that will work?!

Madsen Family said...

Taraka....You are the luckiest one b/c you have a pool membership. There are NO pools here to speak of, no lakes close by and I am DYING. Plus, I am DYING for some friends close by, too....I think Will is completely sick of me, though I practically sing and dance for him DAILY to keep him entertained. He DOES like looking at your blog, though. Anyway, I think you need to get Rosie back and put up some priceless pictures of her. You know how well I take photos, so I HAVE none, but I recall you were snap-happy so I'll bet you have some good ones!

Steph said...

I'm glad you're getting a lot of quality pool time in with Tucker! He's sooooo cute!