Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lots and Lots of Visitors...

Ben's mom has been here for the past week. We had such a great time enjoying time with grandma that we all woke up this morning just a little bit depressed from missing her. Tucker kept on pointing down the stairs, saying, 'gama, gama' and when I told him she went bye-bye he he got the saddest look on his face and ran up to me and put his head on my shoulder and gave me the biggest hug. It was really sweet. Since we hardly ever get to see her, and Tucker already has a grandma up here, the poor guy was really confused all week, mostly when we were together with both grandmas. We ended up going up to my parents house on two different nights for dinner, and both of those nights, Tucker wouldn't even look at Ben's mom, like he had his grandma already and did NOT need another one. I felt really bad, but she's a pro at the grandma thing, having 11 grand kids, so she knew what to expect. The time that we had with Ben's mom at our house all to ourselves though, Tucker fell in love with her. Grandma was so good to him and they had such a good time together.
Grandma just wanted to relax and enjoy her time with Tucker, so that's exactly what we did. She spent every single morning playing outside with him- for hours. They jumped on the trampoline, she gave him rides in his wagon, they loaded up the dump trucks with rocks, and they played in the rain. We also did a lot of BBQ'n and a lot of movie watchin'. I am so glad that she was able to come so Tucker could get to know her better, he had such a great time!
Our weather this week happened to cool down a little, and it was seriously like an Alabama winter. She couldn't believe it. The weather was totally comfortable to me, if not a little warm, and she was freezing the whole time; but she did leave 106 degree temperatures.
{No, I do not make my guests put on their make up in the living room, she said she could see better out there, and Tucker didn't mind because then he could sit right next to her.}
We did venture out a few times, we saw 'The Dark Knight', and we went to dinner, we went to the park, and did some shopping.
Grandma loved the big pine trees up here, they don't get this big in Alabama.
We went to the Japanese gardens at Manito Park (Ben's mom served her mission in Japan, and I thought she might like it) and watched the coy fish swimming around.
We fed the ducks.
Tucker was interested in the bugs more than anything else, and stopped many times along the way to pick them up and play with them.
Thank you so much for coming and playing with us Gama, we had such a great time and miss you already!

Our other visitors were my cute cousins: Lori, Rachel & Amy. One lives in the bay area, one lives in Missouri, and one lives in Provo. It was fun seeing them. We went up to my aunt and uncles house for the day and went swimming and had a BBQ.
{Amy, Angie, Me, Rachel & Lori}
{Tuckers smile face}
{still not sure what to think about that slide}
He loved his second cousins, he swam a lot with Ruby (above) and shared his ice-cream with Rachel (below).
And last, but certainly not least, 2 of my cousins on my dads side, from Alaska came down to visit. Well, they came to visit their grandma in Portland, but made a day trip to Spokane, and stayed with my parents. But I have not seen them for like 6 years!

Here's everyone that was at my mom & dads house:

Mom, Dad, Calen, Ben, Stormee, Me, Trinity, Kristen, Tucker, Scott, Kathy, & Bryce

Bryce & Calen are my two long lost cousins visiting from Alaska--I couldn't believe how big they were!

So its been busy for us around here for the past few weeks. And its not going to end any time soon, we have a lot of family coming in town and staying with us for Nathan and Angie's wedding. But I love visitors and I love going and going and staying busy, so I'm enjoying it. It will be nice to get back to some sort of routine though. Tuckers already been napping today for like 3 hours, the poor child was so sleep deprived because he's so social he hates to miss a thing, so never wanted to sleep while grandma was here. I should probably use this time to get going on the 15 loads of laundry I have to do and the 5 loads of dishes and the vacuuming and the dusting and the mopping and the...

6 comments:

The Jimmy Harry Family said...

I love having visitors. We are expecting my parents, Mack and his wife Sadie next weekend. The tuffest thing is getting back into the routine of laundry and dishes. It is so nice not having to do them while family is here. Glad to know you had a great time with everyone.

Anonymous said...

Wow...you've been busy! We had all of Dave's family for Christmas. We crammed 27 people in our small 3 bedroom 1 bath house over the span of 2 weeks. It was fun and crazy! My washer and dryer were running night and day. I did most of the cooking, so everyone else did the dishes. That was a nice break. Joe was the one doing them. I think he's whooped!

Anyways, I am excited for lunch on Thursday:)Any allergies I should know about?

Rosie Moncrief said...

Hmmm, I wonder if I'm going to be a visitor in your basement over Labor Day??... guess Cookie would know the answer to that question! You are so popular!! Love it!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Let it be known I will have an answer for you about being your next visitors by next week. We will be the highlight of your summer if we come. I hope you're prepared for that!!!

Madsen Family said...

Taraka--I love visitors! Of course, I always like Terry and Tucker visitors the best. In fact, I had yet another dream about you and Tucker. Weird, huh? I have lots of random dreams, though. I guess it is a sign, telling me that you should come visit again...

April said...

Taraka, didn't you go to Jerusalem with Charity? Charity and I are like best friends. She was my boss at BYU-Idaho. Ok well her blog is one of my links on my page- but what I wanted to tell you is that some girl named Amberly commented on her blog and said that they are trying to get a website together for all those who went to Jerusalem BYU. I have no clue who Amberly is but here is here blog address http://texandattilos.blogspot.com/ and if you want more information on the website than here is her email address: ad225@byulaw.net- ok well there you go-