Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Evidence for our case...

Now, I tried and tired to find a picture of Rosie, any picture (for payback) but I could not find a single one. :) I'm sure I will have to dig around up at my parents house for some REAL good Jr. High photos--and there's bound to be one of her up there-and I will find it! :) For now, these will have to suffice.

So, I have gathered some evidence to build our case against Cookie. I know that she is a little hesitant to come ALL the way up to Spokane to visit old friends, so I'm hoping that these will nudge her over the edge and convince her to come. If this plea doesn't convince her that we DESERVE a visit, I don't know what will.


Cookie, we have been so loyal to you through so many stages of your life. How many of your friends can say that? Any friend that sticks by you through Jr. High is a friend indeed.

Think of the hours that I let you lay on my bed talking to your 'boyfriends' (and I use that term very loosely). So what that we only had 'boyfriends' by phone, we couldn't actually meet them in person, we weren't 16 yet.



All of those Girls Camp memories...apparently eye-brow waxing wasn't invented back in the early '90's.

Basketball at Horizon Jr. High??? First of all, what were we thinking trying to play basketball? And second of all, who would still be your friend after seeing how you played? :)


OK, so maybe you are one of the few people who can actually pull off short spiky platinum hair, and black hair with bangs, but that doesn't mean that it had to be done. :) But we still loved you. We have loved you through about 289 different hair colors and styles, and we deserve to see you now.


We were your friends when you wore tie-dyed shirts DOWN to your knees and white tube socks UP to your knees? (see pic.#1) We were your friends through countless hours of 'buns-of-steel' workouts on your bed. We even called into 93 zoo FM and requested a song from the 'Reality Bites' soundtrack (I can't remember which one) when you were sad about breaking up with a boyfriend. How many friends would have done that? We were so cool together! We could sleep out on the trampoline, just like the good ol' days--you and Jessy remember the FUN that happens on trampolines, right? So, we're not in the 9th grade anymore, we can make out with our husbands now. (will that convince Jason to come?)


PLUS... We want to see that little Olivia of yours so that we can share these (and many more) wonderful memories with her. She needs to know who her mama was in Jr. High! So you tell Jason that we DESERVE a visit! We have earned it!


Love you Cookie! (please don't hate me) :)

8 comments:

Krista said...

Those pictures are absolutely fabulous! Oh the good old days. You three are and always were gorgeous...and yes I am feeling better thank you for asking!

Madsen Family said...

Taraka, Ohhhhhh MEMORY LANE, the good ol' days. And, to be honest, those pictures are pretty tame. I was hoping you'd dig out those MODELING photos we took at your old house on Bowdish hill. But alas, these will have to suffice. How, oh how did we EVER make it through junior high looking like that and acting like that???? I am getting soooo very excited to see you all!!!

Destenee said...

O.K....this was HI-LLARIOUS! You deserve a visit just for going to the effort of collecting all those cool pic's! I hope your dream reunion happens!

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those days! I have some pretty good pictures of Cookie, too. The bran muffins at camp ring a bell.
Yes and who can forget those fun colored tights and cut off jeans we use to wear.
The boyfriends well I can't say I had any, except the stalkers in Jr. High, but I do remember you being on the phone a lot and the prank calls we made.
Good times in the good old days! We need you up here girl!!Please come!!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

You think I would hate you? Oh no I will just get you back!!! I have a million modeling pictures of both you and Jessy! You guys should all be very scared! By the way, I still don't wax or pluck my eye brows.

Rosie Moncrief said...

A-KARAT!! Oh come on, you can do better than that!! Good luck finding any pictures of me, besides, I didn't go through my super ugly fat phase until I moved to Utah!! Y'all missed it!

Rosie Moncrief said...

p.s. We were in Yellowstone all weekend, so you can imagine how grand a suprise it was for Cookie to come and see your blog!! HA

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I have more to say! I still wear my socks up to my knees. Only now Jason buys them for me cause he thinks its cute. As for fake boyfriends I can name a few of yours and Jessy's. One of which she made out with on one of our sleepovers on the tramp. As for the differnt hair I was only preparing us for motherhood when our kids do it we can remember its only hair and they will turn out just fine. The one of us at Jessy's reception is a good example. A week later I broke up with my real boyfriend of 5 years so I could find someone that could take me to the temple. Thank you both for being the best friends a girl could ever had. Good thing I had you or who knows where I would be. This does not mean I will be letting you get away with any of this!!!