Sunday, July 20, 2014

Monday June 16, 2014

So, I guess technically, Monday the 16th was the first day of Summer break. I was feeling a little ambitious, and thought to myself that I should do one fun activity with the kids every day during the summer. Most of the days' we would be doing things outside, like swimming or the park, but the weather wasn't the best, so I found this recipe on line for 'Frozen' snow. And I had all the ingredients. So, we went for it. It's actually called 'clean mud' but since Frozen is so huge right now, you can add sparkles of glitter and it becomes Frozen snow!!! :)
All you do is get a tub, or container for each child. Have them unroll a roll of toilet paper in the tub, get out a cheese grater, and grate a bar of soap in the tub with the toilet paper. Then you add water until it's the consistency that you want it. It really does feel more like mud, but it's totally clean and smells good from the soap. :) I added some blue and green glitter, because that's what I had, and we had a grand ol' time!
Taylor, of course, had to make Olaf:
It was fun until they started actually playing with it like snow and had a snow ball fight in our kitchen and got wet toilet paper all over! Then, I decided that it was an outside only toy and put the containers in the back yard. It then rained for the next three days straight. Needless to say, we had a huge white mess in our back yard for awhile. I guess that's what I get for trying to go above and beyond and be super mom, right?! :)

No comments: