Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 1, 2014

Photo a day challenge. I thought that for the month of June, instead of writing blog posts in topics, I would go day to day. Someone somewhere in the blogosphere, or facebook world challenged 'us' meaning anyone who happened upon it, to a photo a day in June challenge. (I personally think that a photo a day in May sounds better, but alas, May had already passed.) So it would have to be June. It's already almost the end of the month, but I am going to start posting my daily photos. Some days there are lots of photos, and some day it was a stretch just to get one.  Either way, I thought it would be fun to give it a try.

It was a Sunday, and it was Stake Conference. And actually, don't tell anyone, but me and the kids didn't go. Ben went to all the sessions by himself. I tried to find a babysitter for the adult session the night before, but since it was just opened up to 12 years and up, I had a hard time finding a babysitter. All of my babysitters are good Mormon girls! :) But we had fun playing inside while daddy was away at 6 hours of church by himself.
It was beautiful and sunny outside, so after daddy's afternoon nap and while I was making dinner, the kids played.  I love our backyard. I love summer evenings in Spokane. They are absolutely perfect in every way. Not too hot and not too cold!



Now that I think about it, I think it was a photographer that I follow on facebook, that I don't even know, or don't even remember who it was. But the whole purpose of the challenge was to get people to get out their nice cameras for every day use, and not just their phone cameras. I'm glad she did, too. Because these pictures I would have just taken with my camera phone and they wouldn't have been as great. I need to do this more! I usually only bust out the big camera when I'm going to a session, and for my own kids, I use my crappy phone. Which is actually pretty great and convenient, and I can totally see good in, but it's nice to use my nice camera on my own kids every now and then!

No comments: