Thursday, June 12, 2014

May birthdays...

I have such awesome friends. And somehow most of us have May Birthday's! :) OK, that's not true. But two of my very good friends have May birthday's and SO do their spouses! Is that crazy? Meg's is the 4th, her husband, Wes's is the 10th. Emily's is the 10th, her husband, Kirt's is the 17th and mine is the 20th! So there was a lot of celebrating in May. And I didn't mind it one bit! :) Twigs for lunch on Meg's birthday. With Tara, Whitney & Abbey:
Not pictured are : Lunch at Thai Kitchen (the best!!!) for Emily's birthday, and dinner at Fire Artisan Pizza (the best new pizza place!) for Kirt's birthday. 
Also, my friend from the branch, Rosa's, birthday is on the 18th, so me and the sisters made her a cake. Because she is scared to death of worms, naturally, we made her a dirt covered brownie with gummy worms all over it! :)
PS...I love Hna. Rosado and Hna. Taylor, too! :)
It was so funny, our glass is the kind that you can't see through. So people can't see into our house. I always think it's so funny when I'm standing right there and the kids are trying so hard to see in. Hna. Rosado was tapping on the door, and they were trying so hard to see us! :) It was funny!
And surprising her with her cake:
The worms didn't freak her out as much as we had hoped! :) Probably because they weren't real! :) Rosa loves her some Jax! :) Can't say that I blame her!
Finally it was time to celebrate me! :) ha ha, jk! But I did wake up to a nice delicious treat! :) That Ben really knows what I like. A Candy bar boquet, AND a dark chocolate mint cake. Perfection. Cake for breakfast. Since he is long gone before I am even close to being awake, he left it for me.
{I think someone else was impressed, too!}
Also, funny story. Ben found this beauty at a garage sale with Kirt one day. I had no idea. It was kind of a joke, but kind of a fun weird thing that he thought would be cool in our backyard, just for fun. Well, Emily happened to be driving by our house, and wanted to get it out of her car. So, she stopped by to drop it off. I must have been in the shower or something because I didn't hear the doorbell. So, she just left it on the door step, facing the door. So, another friend came to pick up Taylor, and when I opened the door, this guy was staring at me. I was dying. I didn't know what to think at first. I didn't know if it was a birthday present from someone, or a joke!!!?? It was pretty funny. He has been on our front door step ever since, and while I like him, and I can appreciate him as a fun, different, unique conversation starter for our backyard, I feel like I have to explain it to everyone who comes over who may not 'get it'. I kind of think he goes with our house, too a little bit. 
Anyway, that afternoon, we had some lunch and cupcakes at the park with friends. We have a fun park group going on right now, and I'll be sad when older kids are in school and it has to change. Dori, Danna, Hannah, Marianne & Angie and I. Dori, Marianne, Angie and I all have babies just a few weeks apart, so this boy band won't be breaking up anytime, but it's always sad to see the older kids go off to school. I can still remember when my friend Danna's son, Tate started kindergarten, I was sad to see him go, and now I see him at Sunrise as a big 5th grader, president of the student body!!! I did bring myself a cake to this park date. I knew that if that dark chocolate mint cake stayed at my house, I would eat the whole thing, so I brought it. But also Danna brought me cupcakes, so we had quite the sugary feast! :) The kids were in heaven! It was a beautiful day and I was happy to spend the afternoon with friends.
Then that night my friends surprised me and took me to dinner at twigs. I was just planning on a low key dinner at home with the family. I have awesome friends! Tara, Meg, Emily and Tammy and I.

No comments: