Friday, June 27, 2014

June 2, 2014

Our neighbors are moving. She is one of my best friends and our kids have become like family. We are so sad about this. We have a ladder that goes over our joined fence so that our kids can easily come and go. I love this. It's perfect for me, because I'm social enough to love having friends that are like family and I love having neighbors who are totally comfortable at my house and visa versa. But I'm also anti-social enough that I don't want to have to put a huge effort every day to plan and organize play day's. So, this really is the perfect scenario for me! :) It happens very naturally and I don't have to put a lot of work into it! :) HA!
It's only fitting that one of the photos of the day include the McLaughlin boys before they move. It was nice enough that the kids were able to bust out the hose while on the trampoline. Summertime perfection right there.
Even though they are only moving a few minutes away, it will never be the same, and that makes me sad. I will miss our daily Maverick runs and hops over the fence to chat. I will even miss having to go over and pick up boxes off her front step so her hubby doesn't see... :) shhhh....don't tell!
This was the week that they moved. It all happened so fast. They got their keys for the new house on Thursday afternoon, and they had to be out by Saturday at 5. And that night and Sunday the new family moved in. We all went and helped on Friday and took loads up to the new house. I was busy this week getting ready for our neighborhood yard sale all the while trying to help her get packed up and moved. It was a crazy week, but lots of good memories made!
While the kids jumped next door, Jackson and I hung out in the perfect weather. I inherited some cans of paint from her that she didn't want to take up. More like her hubby didn't want her to take up to the new house. :) So I started some projects. I had been wanting to paint this mirror for a while and now that I had some black/texture paint, I finally tackled it!
I love the moments I have with this sweet boy.
He likes to put things on his head. Food before he eats it, toys, blankets, pretty much anything...


It was a beautiful June day and knowing Spokane, it will be cold and rainy next week. But we enjoy it while it lasts...

No comments: