Monday, June 23, 2014

Memorial weekend...

Memorial day weekend snuck up on us and I didn't really have much planned. I really wish that I lived closer to gravesites of family members. All of my most recently deceased family members whom I knew and loved are in Oregon. I almost packed up the kids and drove down with them just to visit graves. But that's a lot of work, so I just thought about them and sent them extra love during the weekend. Tucker also didn't have school on Friday for a snow make up day, so we had a 4 day weekend.
Friday I took the kids and Owen to Mobius:
I love the Mobius science center. But not as much as this big boy loves his baby brother:


Saturday we headed out to the lake with the Christensen's. They were having the maiden voyage of the year for their boat and were camping in their trailer. They just recently put their trailer at a new lake for the summer, so we had to go test it out with them! :)
Jax and Kirt are buds with their shades on:
It was still pretty cold for me. The men folk took the kids out on the jet ski's and we stayed in the trailer with our sweatshirts on playing cards. It was actually really fun! It wasn't that cold, but definitely way too cold to get in the water.
We forced Tucker on the tube. He hates the tube, and repeats over and over every time we go to the lake how he doesn't want to go on the tube. I think he would like wake boarding better, once he got the hang of it. I hate tubing too, I don't like not having control of where I'm going. His daddy went with him,and by the look on his face, I'd say he had a pretty great time! :) This boy cracks me up!

The crazy lady had a pretty fun time...
This boy is so funny. He had a great time watching in my lap.
Taylor is definitely our more adventurer child. She wants to try everything and is always first in line to do new things.
She even caught some air and kept on going! :) One of the many things I love about her!
I was busy watching the kids tube, and I noticed Jackson wasn't moving. I looked down and he had totally crashed. I guess he loves the bumpy ride!

Garret, Katie, Kirt & Ben were the only other ones brave enough for the cold water. Garret is, fearless in the tube, and was standing up, sitting on the edge the whole while Tucker is holding on for dear life! :) ha ha!
Ben wasn't too shabby for it being the first time of the season...
This guy perked up after awhile. Gosh, I love this boy!
Intently watching their daddy:
It was a fun day and we look forward to many more lake day's with the Christensen's. Which, unfortunately will have to come in August. They are in South Africa for the whole month of June and we will be gone the first three weeks in July, so we will miss them for almost the whole summer!!! But I'm super excited to hear all about their Africa adventures!
On Monday, Kathryn and I took the kids to a movie. And to be honest with you, I can't even remember which movie it was! Isn't that awful! I was in the hallway or bathroom most of the time with Jackson or Taylor, or both! Tucker seemed to enjoy it, though. So, that's good. Good thing it was at the Garland so we didn't pay full price! :)
Sonic for dinner before the movie and it was a perfect night! :) So that's where those skittles went. We were looking for those things all night, and here's proof right here that Jackson, at one point, had them in his possession! :)
I love having my babies home with me all day and doing fun things with them. They are so fun. Lots and lots of work and blood, sweat and tears. But totally worth it, and totally wonderful! :)

No comments: