Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mothers day weekend & Grandma's visit...

My mom initially came in to town for my birthday, even though it was the week before my birthday. Then once she got here, we realized it was mothers day weekend. I think that that was her plan all along so that we could spoil her. :)
She actually got here on Thursday to meet Allen for breakfast before he flew out. He came in for the day and one of the perks of living in Spokane is that we get the grandparent visits when they come in town to see everyone else! :)
After breakfast with Allen, he headed to the airport, and we stopped by Tuckers class to eat lunch with him. He was so happy!
Ben took Tucker camping on Friday night, so we were able to have a girls night (plus Jackson). This girl sure loves her grandma. And I sure love this girl! :)
And grandma got in some Jackson time. I am seriously afraid that I'll come home one day and she'll have stolen him! I can't seem to sneak even a snuggle on Jackson every time she's here!
Jackson practicing his yoga:
As much as I made fun of Jackson being in Physical Therapy, it has helped so very much! The boy is starting to move and stand and actually be motivated to go places! I'm excited for this enthusiasm! :)
Having grandma here to practice his skills helps, too! :)

For mothers day this year, I decided to make these little wooden blocks of old pictures for my mom & Kathryn & mother in law. For my mom, I found a cute picture of her when she was a baby and her mom, a picture of all four of us kids when we were small, and of course, I had to do one of my own kids! :)
For Kathryn (you can see in the background) I did one of her mother, one of her three boys when they were small, and one of her grandson. All photos stolen from facebook! And then I did this one of my three kids for my mother in law also. I didn't have any old photos of her and her mom, so I was only able to do one for her. But it was so fun. I love being crafty, and it was so cheap and easy. I think I want to make myself some
So, the Saturday before mothers day, I totally threw out my back! Doing laundry of all things.  I could barely walk, and when I did walk, I was hunched over. I didn't even get to go to Tucker's last soccer game. I had gotten all the stuff to make my mom Cafe Rio for dinner that day, and ingredients for Italian Sodas because I found Chocolate Syrup, not the Hershey's sauce, but like actual flavored syrup in Chocolate, that my mom loves for Italian Sodas, so that was part of her mothers day gift as well. I was able to make the Cafe Rio, and the Italian Sodas, but then had to rest it out the rest of the day. We didn't go to church, and I just kind of hung out on the couch most of the afternoon. But it was still a fun day with my mom and kiddos! 
Here we are with our Italian Sodas taken with my crappy camera phone! We did head out that morning to get the sacrament program to the branch president so he could make copies for the meeting. I know my mom loves me because she walked into that church building full of people in their best Sunday dress and she was in her sweats with a head full of bed head still to give that program to him for me. Now that's love! :)
I was spoiled by lots of beautiful flowers. A bouquet from my mom, from Ben, and some small bouquets from the kids. I love this time of year when the flowers start to come out, and I get some beautiful bouquets from the kids.
Since we had grandma at our house, we had the benefit of skyping with all the cousins. Kenzie and Taylor had a long distance 'Let it go' Dance party! Both girls are obsessed and REALLY good dancers! :)
Not only did I miss out of my wonderful Cafe Rio dinner, but just about the time they all sat down to eat it, I jumped up off the couch to hurl in the bathroom!!! It was gross! So, I also missed out of my delicious Ice cream cake they had gotten me! Boo!!! So this is how I looked most of Mother's day. Needless to say there were no annual mothers day photos taken that day! :)
I sure am grateful for these little's who made me a mama! :)
The next day was much better. I felt fine, and my back was better, so we got in a good picture:

We also met up at Rancho Viejo with the Schlerf's. It was so fun to be back at Rancho with them. It is fun to be anywhere with them, but Rancho holds a special place for us! :) Good times catching up and eating yummy food! 
And just like that, she was gone!!! I'm so glad she got to be here for mother's day though. I sure am lucky to have her as an example of love and kindness. She may not have taught me how to be domestic, but she did teach me how to love and treat people. And I'm so grateful for that.

No comments: