Tuesday, June 24, 2014

May extra's...

May was just lovely this year. Taylor even brought me a beautiful flower from our yard on May day itself!!! :)
Tucker also took a little glass jar full of flowers to Mrs. Larsen for May day. I think that Tucker has his eye on Mrs. Larsen! :) He sure does love her! :)
Then off to the park with our friends it was to take advantage of the beautiful weather. It seems that maybe Taylor has her eye on a certain boy, too....
1st park day of the season. Yay!

And this guy's first swing ride. Maybe second? I think he likes it!
I do love coming home to this on these beautiful spring/almost summer evenings...
Our bird friend who was only at the front window before has started following us. If we are upstairs, he finds us upstairs and starts tap tap tapping on the window. Here he found us in the kitchen. Part of me wants to let him in and keep him!
Gomer is still alive and well. Everyone who comes over and sees him tells us that he is the most active turtle they have ever seen. And it is true. I can hear him roaming around in his cage all day long. That's not typical for a turtle. I hope it means he is happy! :) And when I put that lettuce in his cage, he bee lines it straight to the lettuce faster than I have ever seen a turtle move! We still love our little Gomey.
Ben told Tucker he would pay him .10 cents for every business card that he gave out in our neighborhood. He is such a little business man and was happy to help. He did all 10 of the houses on our street for $1 and was done. :) But I was so proud of him, he actually went up and rang the doorbell and talked to the people and said, 'my dad owns a fence business, so if you ever need a fence, give him a call' It was really cute. Taylor and Brandon were happy to help, although I think Taylor just wanted to wear her 'Uncle Star Fence' shirt and Brandon just ran along next to them.

Another funny story about business cards is that one night Kathryn and I were on our way to the Stake Center. She was going to watch my kids for me while I had my recommend interview. I was following her in her car. She ran out of gas. So I ran to my house, got a little gas tank that we have with gas in it, and went back to rescue her. Well...we couldn't figure out how to get the gas into the car. The new little tanks have these nozzles that you have to click into place to prevent them from just spilling. So, we had the nozzle in her car, but no gas was actually coming out. I felt like an idiot. Finally a nice man stopped and helped us and showed us how to turn and click these little green pieces into place and then the gas finally started coming out. Well, we were thanking him profusely and he said, well, the best way to thank me is to give out my business card if you know anyone who needs concrete work done. Tucker, upon hearing this ran back into our van grabbed one of Ben's business cards and said, well, We'll take your card if you take our card! :) He is so funny that kid!
This was a busy photography month for me too, it seemed. With graduation coming, I made a few grad announcements, which I love doing! Also, a lot of time spent on my cute cousin Stormee's wedding invites/Save the dates. We found this really cool website, printstagram, that prints your instagram photos. So, I Instagrammed one of her engagement photos, and turned them into little stickers.
They came in little booklets, then I had to cut them up, use some double sided photo tape, and I taped them to the back of her announcement as a 'Save the date' sticker they could put on their calendars! I thought the idea was so cute, and I love the way they turned out! I think everyone should do this!
I also designed her announcement:

And even though it was quite the project and took a lot of time, I was happy to do it for Stormee and so happy with the way it all turned out!
But back to reality with 3 small children. Lots of time outside making habitats:
They made many of these habitats for bugs they would find. Surprisingly the bugs never stayed. hmmmm
Tucker's school art walk. His ice cream cone is the blue one two up from his head where he is standing. I thought it was so good!! I loved the colors.
I'm so proud of this little man. We got his end of school year test results, and this is how he fared:
Although they don't have GPA's in elementary, it says that his equivalent GPA would be 4.0!
He is such a smart little dude, and I couldn't be more proud of his desire to learn and how fast he catches on to new ideas and concepts. Way to go, buddy!!!
Not only that but his teacher has told me numerous times that he is a helper in class to those who don't understand as quick as him. Lots of kids to go him with their questions, and that he is a good class leader. The other kids will pick up on his ideas, or jokes even, and they will become class jokes, or class ideas and discussions. Like during writing time, he started writing made up stories about 'Bob' and he would think they were so funny, he would read them to his friends, and then his friends started writing stories about 'Bob' and eventually 'Bob' kind of became the class joke or theme and a lot of their discussions were about 'Bob' or even Mrs. Larsen would use 'Bob' as an example to teach something. And it all started with Tucker. He even always talks about Bob at home, so it totally doesn't surprise me that Bob made it into the classroom! :)
The two awards that he got this year at the end of the school year, for their class are: The joyful jokester award, and The most creative writer award. And that one is true, I've read some of his stories from writing time at school, and they are hilarious! It's amazing to me sometimes how he understands and gets jokes and concepts that I wouldn't think a 7 year old would understand. I feel like I've been able to talk to him as an adult almost, for a while now. The boy probably has a better vocabulary than me! :) Anyway, he's just a great kid (that totally drives me nuts-O a lot of time, too!) and I am so proud of him!
Family Fun Night at the school. Tara was in the midst of packing and moving, so I took her kids with me. It was quite the night! :) I don't know how people have 5 kids all the time and stay sane! :) Collin & Tucker at the candy bar walk:
Taylor helped with the clean up:
And this guy just sat back and enjoyed some pizza:
Another beautiful night of fun, food, friends and dancing! Can't go wrong with that combo.
These two brothers sure do love each other. At Tucker's annual eye exam we learned that his Stigmatism is getting a lot worse. The doctor was a bit concerned about how fast the shape was changing. So, we have to go in in three months for a re-check to make sure it's not moved more. He got a new Rx, and the doc said that was probably the reason he hadn't been wanting to wear his glasses lately, because they probably don't really help much because his eyes have changed so much. But he says a lot of time, too, that he sees just fine without his glasses; so we'll see!
May was an exciting month! :) Can't wait to see what June has in store!

No comments: