Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Beautiful Flowers...

I don't have a green thumb, but I wish so bad that I had a green thumb. The weather has been so nice, I wanted to make my front entry beautiful with some flowers, especially since my birthday is tomorrow. So, as a kind of birthday gift to myself, I took Taylor and Jackson to Fred Meyer, and we picked out some beautiful flowers. I'm clueless, I didn't know what I was doing. But Meg is a total green thumb and gave me some pointers. I did my best. I gathered some of my empty planters that I've had empty for forever, and some I just inherited from Kathryn moving. And we went to town.

 20150520_143507 
I just love the way they turned out. I think they are so beautiful and it was so much fun putting them together and arranging them. The dark brown with the white flowers I inherited from my grandma and grandpa's house, and I love it, but it has no draining in place, which I learned the hard way that plants need. Neither does that little lime green one that I inherited from Kathryn. So, Juan was over one day for some reason, and Ben hadn't gotten home yet, so I asked him to drill a hole in the bottom of the flowered one, because it's metal, but the lime green one is ceramic, so we couldn't put a hole in that one. I thought that I'd be able to figure a way out NOT to drown the flowers in that pot, but by the end of the summer, they were swimming! 20150519_155416 
 I had some pretty cute little helpers, too! It was a fun afternoon planting and watering and beautifying our yard.
20150519_155458  

  20150519_155558

No comments: