Friday, May 1, 2015

My Taylor girl...

This Taylor girl of mine. Sometimes I don't know what to think of her shenanigans! Between going through my grandma and grandpa's house, and Kathryn and Papa's house she has inherited a lot of different types of animal things and statues and knick knacks. Things I would have just thrown away, she loves and loves and wants to hold onto forever. So, her new desk now looks like this with all of her animals. I have to admit, that it kind of creeps me out whenever I walk in and forget that they're all there staring at me!20150408_204648 

I just watch her walk into teacher Barbara's house like such a big girl and I can't believe she is so big and independent. I just love her so freaking much!
And don't get me started on gymnastics. I love wathching her do gymnastics. She loves it so much and she is so good. She is so buff, that I think it's kind of natural for her. I love her coach, James. And I love that she loves it and gets excited about it.
I love her class right now, too.  It's every Tuesday morning from 9:30-10:30, so we don't have to be there in the evenings anymore when it's so freaking crowded. I love being there in the mornings, and her class is just two other girls, Lilly and Claire. And their moms and I can just chat, and really, it's been such a great time with them. They are awesome ladies, and I'm learning the value of connecting with the parents my kids are involved with. It has been so nice to have them, and I really feel like they are good friends. Kathy, Lilly's mom and I are becoming great friends.
Anyway, enough of the sentimental, Taylor loves it and that's all that matters. One morning while we were there, there was a news crew filming one of the older girls. Usually, the gym is empty in the mornings, and this particular morning, Mike, the owner, was there, and this older gymnast, along with KXLY news crew. They did a segment on her because she qualified for nationals, so that was pretty cool.
Taylor and her friends going to class:
This little lady had the snack pig one day and was so excited to help put together snacks:
She chose the treats, leftover Easter candy, Ritz crackers, goldfish crackers and fruit loops! :) ha ha
She inherited this really cool stone fish from my dad's house, that my grandpa Howard game to him. I think it's pretty cool looking, and, of course, Taylor wanted it. I came into her room and saw that she had put some washi tape on it. I asked her why and she said that it was cracking, so she put the tape on it! :)
I love this sweet, helpful, silly, hard working girl of mine!

No comments: