Saturday, May 23, 2015

My dream birthday...

My birthday this year was absolutely amazing! I wasn't expecting or needing anything fancy, but like usual, Ben made my birthday perfect and blew me away. I woke up to an absolutely silent house. Almost too silent, ya know! So, I went downstairs and found this: 20150520_093926
Along with flowers, and balloons, and bags and bags of gift cards to my favorite places, like Nordy's and Gappers and to get my nails did and to get a massage! It was like the perfect gift for me and more than I could have ever asked for! I almost didn't know what to do with myself, and may have even gotten back into my bed for a bit. It was heavenly!

Katrina was already on her way to bring me breakfast and it was so nice to just enjoy my Mcdonalds breakfast with one of my BFF's! And have it be brought to me while in my pj's was an added bonus! After she left, I just took my sweet little time being in my quiet empty house, getting ready and enjoying every second of not having to hurry or hustle. Seriously, that was the best gift right there, being able to take my time and not hurry was the absolute best! I took so long that I ended up having to decided on weather or not I wanted to get my nails done or do some shopping before my massage appointment. I chose to get my nails done since I didn't know when I'd have another chance to get that done! I also stopped and indulged a bit and got a vanilla Italian soda which was heavenly!
I then headed to my massage, which, of course, was wonderful! When I got out of the massage I was told to head home for some dinner and dessert.
On the way home, I decided I couldn't let the day pass without doing at least a little bit of shopping! :) So, I stopped at Nordy's and found myself the perfect pair of summer sandals which totally made my day!
Also, when I got home, Meg brought me this cute vase with these beautiful hydrangeas! I sure am lucky with these BFF's of mine!
AND... Kathryn gave me a glass jar full of cash and some SKOR bars, so really, it was the perfect day! :)
I got home to these guys, which really, make turning another year older worth every second.
They helped me blow out my candles on my delicious nothing bundt cake cakes. Kathryn got us mini ones of all different flavors and they were divine! It was a perfect ending to a perfect day!
My greatest blessing by far are these amazing people that I get to spend my normal every day life with. I love them more than anything, and am grateful for the love they show me by giving me these days off to recharge and count my blessings!

No comments: